Chapter 41: Reunion

The man's voice was gentle, but his tone was slightly interrogative. When Chen Qingyang picked up the phone, her first reaction was that the voice of the man was truly wonderful, but it also felt a little familiar. Her second reaction was 'Oh my lord!' because she'd accidently picked up Xiang Yunze's phone!!!

A rejected man and a woman were alone in one room, and even worse, they were in a hotel room. If this rumour spread, her reputation would be ruined – and how would she explain this ah?!

Chen Qingyang thought for a second and decided not to explain.

She dropped the phone directly, and then threw it onto the edge of the pillow.

Chen Qingyang went to the bathroom to wash her hands three times and slowly walked out of the bathroom.

She did not know when Xiang Yunze had woken up, but he had changed positions and was leaning on the bed with closed eyes. The dim yellow light from the lamp on the nightstand softly hit the side of his slightly drunk face, a few buttons on his shirt had been unbuttoned who knows when, and his open collar revealed his slender and pale neck.

Chen Qingyang froze in place. WTF she did not expect Xiang gongzi to be so... sexy.

She ran back to the toilet and washed her face with cold water, trying to make herself sober. So close! She was almost seduced by the beauty!

Hearing the sound in the bathroom, Xiang Yunze slightly opened his eyes and looked towards the direction of the door. Chen Qingyang slowly wiped the remaining water dripping down her face and came out from the bathroom. Seeing that Xiang Yunze was watching her, she tried to make her smile as natural as she could: "Xiang Gongzi, you woke up?"

"Ah..." Xiang Yunze's voice sounded a bit ugly as he raised his right hand and rubbed his temple, "It hurts..."

"Of course you have a headache. Why did you drink so much wine?" Xiang Yunze could be considered quite well-behaved when he was drunk. All the way to the hotel he did not make a fuss and caused no issues at all. Chen Qingyang's biggest fear was encountering one of those crazy drunkards, "Oh yeah, a man just called you a moment ago. My hands were too unstable and I accidently hung up."

"I know, he called me again afterwards." When Xiang Yunze finished this sentence, he panicked as a thought settled in, "Do you know who he is?"

"Who is it?" Chen Qingyang blinked and looked curiously at Xiang Yunze.

Xiang Yunze looked back at her, feeling a bit complicated. If she knew she had just hung up on the Emperor, it would only take a couple minutes for her to jump off the rooftop.

"No one, just a friend."

"Oh." Chen Qingyang nodded meaningfully... A friend? Why are you so nervous about a friend? She's someone who's written a detective story! If he thinks she believes him, then he's simply insulting her IQ!

But if they weren't friends, could they be... lovers?

So that's why the tone of the man on the phone was slightly guilty. And so on, just that is a man ah! Did she know something she wasn't supposed to know?!

Chen Qingyang thought that one day she may go insane from her creative imagination.

Xiang Yunze coughed a couple times as he sat on the bedside. Chen Qingyang went to the mini fridge and poured a cup of cold water for him. Xiang Yunze stared at the cup of water in his hands and began to recall his past memories: "The first time I saw Yan Yan, she was only thirteen years old. Back then she was still a child, but now, in the blink of an eye, she has already graduated from college... Time flies really fast."

Chen Qingyang glanced at Xiang Yunze as he smiled at the memories and suddenly felt a little sad. She sniffed and said to Xiang Yunze: "You may think that Da Li looks very much like a tomboy, but in fact she is very stupid and foolish, and she's also as strong as an ox. For four years in university, our bedroom slogan was prevent fire, prevent theft, and protect yourself from Da Li."