Love and curses

Authors Note: Thank you for reading so far 🖤🖤
Don't forget to vote.
Plz check out my other story.

“I hope you are loved in the way you deserve.” Depending on who you are, and what you have done, those words could be the kindest wish or the worst curse. 

Nikita Gill

"Your mother and father are both pure blooded descendants of the Capitoline league member wolves. Thats why their wolves are jet black."

Cane completed by saying:
"Your mother is still a vehement defender of the pure bloods cause. I think she tried to get your father involved with the league especially that he too is a descendant but he didn't agree with her, the members couldn't risk him exposing them, they weren't as powerful as they are now, they couldn't risk killing him by themselves so they framed him."

"What did my mother have to do with it?"
"Anna you need to know Isabelle is a believer of the cause, her and her whole family. I don't know what was her response when your father didn't agree with her, but i believe it wasn't a good one."

"Who was the guy she was talking to?"
"Alpha Mathiew, he was her  boyfriend before she found your father, he's also a dear friend of your uncle alpha John, he is also a descendant of the Capitoline league initial members."

"Why would she do that to her mate? To the father of her pups."
"I don't know about the bond between them Anna, but she didn't choose him in the end."

Cane was standing there in her fathers clothes, he was so serious, he looked so tired from the shift like the fight to get back control over his wolf was a strenuous one.

"And how do you know about all of this Cane."

"Well thats a question to another day Anna."
"No you can't do that."
"Look at me Anna, i am tired, i don't know of i can fight him for longer, i have to leave and i am sick and tired of fighting with you."
"When would i see you again."
Cane looked at her, he was exasperated with the woman, totally exasperated.
"Pray that you don't see me again Anna. It's better for you not to get involved in this shit. Hell your father doesn't want you to."

"You don't choose for me.it's my own choice Cane."
"No i don't Anna, but i have to leave right now. You don't need another raid on this appartnent do you?"

Anna was still assessing him, he left, he left without taking anything, he was mad, he needed to shift in a secure place and think about his next steps.

Anna sat in her appartment, she went through the papers in the room, the papers discussed packs matters, inner matters especially the rift between the northern and the southern packs.

And there was the stack of letters between the Capitoline league members. The letters were a pile of bullshit, they had these fictious names of the original members whom weren't even known to the public, so you can't even search for their descendants. Regarding the topic of the letters, these discussed the former glory days of the league, a holiday were they were all sending regards to each other. Nothing important, Anna grew frustrated. She didn't know when and if she is going to see Cane again. It was craziness. Her mother and uncle as Capitoline league members.
She could remember uncle Johnny, he used to come with gifts when they were young and chocolate lots of chocolate. Anna sat there remembering her childhood, and for the first time in ages she cried, sobbed and wept.

She slept a disturbed sleep, woke up and went to school.
Anna met Amy who was super excited about the double date that night.
Sebastian was there too, they had lunch together, but she forgot to ask him about Amys boyfriend. He was talking to her about a ski holiday and asking her what are her plans for the upcoming holiday?
Anna was shocked, she thought that they were moving too fast, but she loved it, loved everything about him, he told her to think about it cause he wants them to spend the holiday together.
Anna went back home and got ready for dinner at 8, it was in some posh restaurant downtown.
Golden boy Sebastian picked her up, she wore a nice black dress with some knee length boots, and a coat.
"You look stunning as usual."
That was her greeting when she went into the car, he was shocked how can she get more beautiful? He thought to himself.

They reached the restaurant, a hostess was waiting at the door.
"Reservations Sir??"
"Yes"
Amy waived at them, the place had round tables, it was well lit, the people dinning there seemed so fancy.

They reached the table, a waiter took her coat.
Anna sat greeted Amy, her boyfriend apparently was talking to the phone outside, Sebastian sat and the boyfriend appeared. Anna nearly bit her tongue. It was Gabriel Ortega...
"Hello, so you two... hein."
He wiggled his eyebrows.
Sebastian laughed, and patted Gabriel on the back. Amy was the one who was shocked now.
"You know Anna."
He looked at Amy and then her and he smiled.
"Yes we know each other."
Anna was fuming. How could Amy have ended up with this prick?
Now she knew that Gabriel works with his father just like Sebastian. They all went to some posh school in the suburbs of the city thats how they know each other. Apparently Amy and Gabriel know each other from school. Even their families are friends. They have been on and off since then.
Anna was in shock, they ordered their food. She remembered when her father took the family out to a similar restaurant near the packs land when she was young, she remembered their dresses, the food...
Anna got back to reality, apparently Amy went to the restroom and Sebastian had a call to answer so he went outside.. Anna found herself alone with Gabriel.

Gabriel was eyeing her.
"So you became friends with the bunch."
Anna looked at him.
"Why did you hit on me?"
"It was for fun Annabelle, just for fun, i wasn't with Amy at the time, the guys made a bet. Thats it."
"Oh, thats it." Anna said, a grin was playing at her lips.
"So what happened with the bet?"
She was mocking him. He could see it.
He was getting mad. Who does this traitor thinks herself.

"You seem so happy for a rejected gold digger."
Anna laughed now. He completed
"I don't know what alpha Maxwell did to get you as a mate... you know the pack thinks its the Maxwell curse."

You know the ultimate kind of curse is  our social nature. We can never evade our fate, till we rid ourselves from this heavy burden. It was great for our ancestors, for every group that survived on this earth, but is this same nature which chackles us in this modern world.