FIVE

*president*

Unedited

I lay back on my bed thinking of everything that is going on. How much I wanted to get that man behind bars already but his words just kept ringing in my head of how if he dies then I die. I also hated how close he was getting to me back at the office and just a thought of it gave me shivers all over my body.

I sat up at the edge of my bed and rubbed my eyes  then used my thumb and middle finger to rub my temples. I was frustrated and the worst part is that I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about it. I stood up and went to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of orange juice. I chugged half of the glass down and I just felt like it wasn't working for me so I walked to the living room. In one of the corners there was a bottle of whiskey so I poured some in a glass and sat down on the sofa.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear my wife come in. She came and sat next to me saying words that were still inaudible to me so I just kept staring at her until she gave me a vigorous shake on my shoulder and then I completely snapped back to reality.

"What happened?" She asked desperately.

"N-nothing honey I'm fine...just zoned out a little that's all how was your day" I wore a smile on my face trying to make her believe I'm not losing my mind.

"You were all over the news...how can u say nothing happened" she said while frowning her face at me. She was mad and I didn't know why. I stood up from were I was seating feeling exasperated from e everything going on already. I can't deal with my wife...not now. I put the glass on the table and walked away.

"Aiden I'm talking to you" she said and I just kept moving.

"Aiden...Aiden" she screamed and I turned around to face her fully angry now.

"I am dealing with a lot of things both personally and publically so just cut me some slack alright...I need a break from the world...I need to hear myself think...is that too much to ask..." and then I slammed the bedroom door. I'm pretty sure she's dumbfounded right now because I've never yelled at her like that. Yes we've had our issues as a married couple here and there but those are normal stuff everyone goes through.

I got my clothes off and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Soon enough I was out and went straight to bed facing the other side on my side of the bed. I kinda felt bad having raised my voice at her because she was quiet yet she was awake in bed facing the other side as well. I needed to do something about this because she's my lovely wife and I need her in this time.

"I'm sorry" I spoke up breaking the silence that was filling the room at the moment. She kept quiet for what seemed like forever then piped up

"I'm sorry too...I put a lot of pressure on you yet you already have worse going on" when she said that I realized she was just being caring. I was being stupid handling the situation back there the way I did. I slowly turned around on the bed and she still had her back to me so I stretched my hand slowly brushing my fingers on her shoulder. She flinched but came down just as fast then turned around. She had tears in her eyes so I didn't waste any time. I pulled her into my chest were she sniffled and sobbed

"There there...I'm sorry honey" I said then kissed her head. After a few minutes she stopped and I think she had fallen asleep so I also drifted to sleep.

-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----

"Wake up" I heard a voice say so deep and intimidating. I woke up and looked  around. There were four men in suits and two were holding my wife while she struggled to get herself free from across the room. I started breathing hard not sure about what I'm supposed to do.

"Do not hurt her" I said with a lot of panic.

"I told you not to tell anyone...now tell me who it was you told" the man in a skii mask said.

"I didn't tell anyone I promise"

"Wrong answer" he replied then turned around and shot my wife in the head. She dropped to the ground in a sense that looked like it was slow motion. My heart almost stopped beating. There was blood on the floor and she lay there motionless with her eyes open. Tears formed in my eyes and my vision became a little blurry from them but for some reason they didn't drop. I turned my gaze back to the men that stood in my room. How did these men even get past security.

The man who shot my wife turned to me and removed his mask and I covered my face not wanting to see who it was or at least scared of my doom and yes maybe I'm a coward but we live longer and at this point there was nothing I could do. I was going to die.

"Look at me" he said and I Didn't turn

"I said look at me" he barked and that's when I remembered that voice. It was from yesterday. I looked at his face and indeed it was him so he came in closer to me next to my ear and whispered

"I just wanted to get your wife out of the way so I can have you all to myself"

-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----

My eyes shot open and I sat up on the bed. I was breathing hard and it was still night. I looked on my left and my wife was still sleeping making cute little snores. It was a bad dream...a very bad dream. I threw myself back in the bed but gently so I wouldn't wake her up.