SEVENTEEN

PRESENT DAY...(in the morning)

I was in the oval office going through my speech by seven thirty in the morning when Samuel walked in.

"My president... Its the secretary in defence he said he wants to talk to you immediately". 

" is he here?"

"Yes"

"Show him in" and then he walked in with two more men one decorated and the other one just casual so I stood up from my seat and proceeded to give him and the rest a hand shake.

"Please" I said signaling at them to sit.

"So what brings you here this early morning?" I asked Bryson Miller the secretary in defence.

"We have confirmed that the people attacking USA are not Russians"

"Who then?"

"Its Iran"

"But why" I asked frowning my face not surprised that Iran is one of our enemies but we've done nothing to trigger them.

"We're not so sure but you could be their main target" the decorated guy said.

"That is true" I concluded since I already got attacked once. I stood up and went behind my desk saying

"Alright keep me posted on anything and we need enough proof like a person or something" and when I said that I remembered the agent. Miller may be true...that agent has that look that stands out...he might be Iranian.

"Mr President" Miller snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes"

"I suggest you protect yourself as much as you can...until we have studied them and we Can tell what their next move is."

"I understand... Thank you" then they exited. I then called my secretary to tell the press secretary  to come in. As soon as he did...

"Can you push up the press conference?"

"But the press is already here...everything is ready"

"I know but there is somewhere I have to go right now...keep them busy or something... I won't take long" I concluded

"Yes Mr president" then he stepped out so I grabbed my court from the back of my seat and walked out being escorted by the same secret service agent that I now hate for not telling me he was from Iran. I mean I didn't ask but still. I wasn't even going anywhere in particular but I just wanted to get somewhere alone with him so I can get some information from him. I'm tired of being used yet I'm not getting anything in return. My life? Yes I know its the price I pay to stay alive but I need answers and he's the only one who can give them to me.

I walked out of the white house and as I got to the car...I heard a gun shot and I froze.

"Get down" the agent shouted and shielded me then we ran and hid on the side of the car. There was panic people were screaming and running and the agent next to me was shooting back from were I think he assumed the shooting was coming from and that's when I realized he was bleeding.

He came back down squatting  next to me and that's when I told him

"You've been shot" he took one look at himself and looked at me with a worried face.

"I'm fine...are you OK?" he said

"Yah yah but you're..." and that's when more agents came for us. Why didn't I just stay for the press conference. Its all my fault. I was escorted away and the last thing I saw was the agent laying on the ground unconscious. I got to my suite but all I wanted to know was how the agent was although at this point I can't ask. My wife came running to me...I didn't even know she hadn't left yet

"Aiden are you alright" she asked examining me but I didn't care much about myself.

"He was shot" I said

"Who?" She asked

"The agent...he took a bullet for me"

"Its OK honey that's what they're paid to do...I'm glad your fine" and she hugged me but I didn't even have the energy to return the hug. My hands had dropped on my side...I was beating myself up for being an idiot like always.

"Come sit... I'll bring you some water"..

Ezekiel's POV

After they had escorted us both back inside the white house...I finally gave into the pain in my stomach and darkness when I knew the president was safe.

-----*------*------*------*-----*------*------

I woke up to the annoying sound of beeps and pain on my hand and stomach. I slowly lifted my hand to see what was going on and there was an injection inside it but I needed to know how the president is so I plucked out the needle and sluggishly lifted myself off the bed trying to brush all the pain in my stomach off but before my feet could touch the ground a nurse and a doctor came rushing in and they pushed me back on the bed

" wa-wait...I need...to..." And the pain kicked in.

"Ahhhh" I cried out

"You need to stay in bed sir...you can't be moving like this... You'll open the wound" the doctor said.

"Put the injection back in" he told the nurse but I was too weak so I stopped fighting it.

"What's your name" the doctor asked and I know the people who brought me here must have told him my fake name so I said

"Logan..."

"The other one"

"Williams"

"OK Logan...you took a bullet to your stomach... We took it out and luckily it didn't damage any vital organs but you need to rest as much as possible."

"When can I leave" I asked already tired of the hospital environment.

"Do you have anyone we can call...family...wife...friends?"

"Yes"

"If you could please give me a number" I first took a good look at him then read Rodney's  number out to him.

"Give him some  sedatives" he told the nurse.

"No...no..I want to...to lea..." I breathed but the nurse had already given me the injection so I passed out the second time.

------*-------*-------*-------*-------*-------*-------*------*------*-------*------*--------

"Boss...boss...boss" the sound was muffled in my head but it was able to wake me up. I sluggishly moved my head to the other side . the voice sounded like it was Rodney's and indeed it was him although my eye sight hadn't yet cleared very well.

"You came" I managed.

"Yes boss I did...what happened?" He asked and I don't know if he's stooped or something for asking me such a question in this condition like I'd answer it.

"When did they say I would leave?"

"Like two three days...they said you're recovering fast so let's count that on two"

"Good...how is the president?"

"President?... He's fine why are you asking"

"You damn ass...do you even watch news...just make sure I leave this place as soon as possible"

"How am I supposed to do that?"

"I don't know" and then the pain kicked in again I should really focus on resting

Boring ik but please vote and comment