TWENTY TWO

Beth's POV

All my days have not been going great ever since my father died. I can't seem to eat because even though we all knew how to cook...I just loved his meals and I don't mean that he was the one cooking every time, we also had days to cook but I really loved his food.

I spent most of my days in my room. I sometimes even forgot to take showers but when I'd remember even if it was at three in the night...I'd get out of bed and just go stand in the shower and let water flow all over my body then walk out and back to bed.

Its been weeks now and I had switched my phone off but I knew for sure Dylan couldn't have called Ezekiel since he hated him so much. I opened my drawer to get it out and I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said and Tyler walked in.

"Hey princess how are you?" He said walking to my bed and sitting down.

"I'm hanging in there...you?"

"Same here...so Dylan wants us down for a meeting...you coming?" And I stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"Its OK if you don't want to we can do it another time"

"No" I quickly jumped in..."let's go" I said then got off the bed and so did he and we walked down stairs where we found Dylan standing in that same spot that dad used to love to stand in so much and my eyes became watery but I blinked multiple times and pulled the tears back.

"What do you want to talk about?" Tyler said as soon as we sat down. Dylan turned around and walked to us he even had a glass of whiskey in his hands..he is really trying so hard to be like dad...

"As you know dad had a will which was supposed to be read to us immediately after his burial but unfortunately the family lawyer disappeared... I don't know if he's dead or not but I tried to search for him and I failed. So when that happened I tried to look for the will and the only thing I got was a copy yet its useless since we need the original." He stopped and stared at both of us and we didn't reply

"Does anyone know anything... Maybe father told you something I don't know"

"Have you asked Ezekiel?" I piped up
And he he gave out a frustrated sound

"Ezekiel..." He clenched his fingers into a fist.."is not around... Do you see him anywhere...he refused to come back home for our fathers burial...why do you even still consider him at this point"

"Because he's our brother and he as all the rights to be around when that will is being read out don't you think" Tyler jumped in.

"I'm out of here" I said then stood up to leave

"I'm coming with you" I heard Tyler say and we left Dylan seated. That was brief I thought to myself.

As I was going into my room I looked back at Tyler whose focus was on his room as well so I signaled at him to come into my room. He quickly stepped in and I locked the door.

"What" he whispered and I called him to sit with me on my bed.

"Whaaat beth talk" he said while frowning his face and it actually brought a smile on my face.

"Listen you gotta promise me you will not tell anyone until I finish what I'm supposed to do."

"I promise" he said.

"Tyler..." I warned raising an eyebrow at him.

"I swear Beth now tell me already"

"I have the original will"

"Wait for real?"

"Do I look like I'm jocking?"

"No...but you scared me...I thought you were pregnant"

"Really Tyler... REALLY" I shouted the last bit.

"What...you can't blame me for assuming...besides I'd be happy being an uncle" he grinned and I smiled back.

"Seriously I've been cooped up in my room for the past few weeks how...anyways point is what I'm going to do is stupid but I have to... I'm going to get Ezekiel"

"Why..."
"he needs to be home" I said

" well why don't you just call him"

"I don't want to...I want to pick him up also I want to get out of the house for a bit"

"Fine what do you want me to do"

"I need you to protect the will like your life depended on it and cover for me...lie to him" I stood up and went and got my suitcase and picked some clothes and put them in it.

"Wait you're leaving now?"

"Yah..you know sooner or later Dylan will find out that I have the will and hell want me to give it to him. Its best if Ezekiel is around at least when that happens."

"OK?...I'll help you pack"

"Thanks" I replied and we folded the clothes while we put them in.

"How are you going to find him...USA is sorta big... Besides how will you leave." He asked

"I'll book a ticket there for tonight and also I put a tracking device in his suitcase...why do you think I helped him carry it when he was leaving" is smirked

"OK where's the will"

"I'm not telling you until I get back...that's the only way it can be safe"

"Well then how am I supposed to protect it if I don't have it?"

"Like that" and then I hugged him and asked him to go look out so I can sneak out and leave.

Dylan's POV(small small)

After that discussion I had with Beth and Tyler I realized maybe Ezekiel is the one who has the original will. But the issue is how am I supposed to get it from him. Does it really even matter...at this point I took on the family business and all our partners know me. They can't pick Ezekiel instead and I doubt father could ever leave anything big to that idiot.

I picked my phone from my pocket to call him but I realized he wouldn't pick up so I proceeded to my room to get my fathers phone instead and use that one.

I called and he took long to pick up but he finally did.

"Hello father" his annoying voice coming from the other end of the line.

"He is not your father and you'll never be one of us" I said

"Dylan...what do you want...and why are you using father's phone"

"Because I'm now in charge oh and the other thing father died and...hello...hello" he hang up the phone...that stupid bastard I threw the phone across the room to the wall and it broke into pieces.

Boring I know just please vote and comment