• 7 •

"So he left with Snr Shade before you got there?" Fayoke asked and Ewatomi nodded as they walked in the garden.

"She left the whole work to me" Ewatomi said and Fayoke laughed.

"You enjoy your duty. Why do you sound angry? Its not the  first time you are doing all the work" Fayoke asked with a shrug.

"I'm not angry" Ewatomi replied.

"You sure?" Fayoke asked and Ewatomi nodded.

"Is there any reason for me to?" Ewatomi asked as they came to a clear opening.

Fayoke and Ewatomi turned and their words failed them. About four to six SSS3 students were seated there smoking and one was actually sniffing something from a paper, another was smoking shisha.

Ewatomi swallowed her saliva as she managed a small smile and she and Fayoke attempted to flee.

"Where are you going?" One of them asked.

"They want to go and report ni" another replied as Ewatomi wore a smile.

"Snr Rufus, don't take it the wrong way. We were just taking a stroll and happen to run into you. It would be rude to continue to stay considering the situation" Ewatomi said and one of them burst into laughter.

"See the way she's just blowing English" one of them said and Ewatomi winced.

"You've seen what you were supposed to see. What should we do about it?" Rufus asked as Ewatomi swallowed her saliva. Fayoke was shaking like a leaf.

The seniors they had encountered where one set of the notorious SSS3 boys. If no one was around to save them; they were dead. Fayoke started praying internally. She couldn't fall into the hands of these bastards.

"Snr Rufus, Snr James, rest assured, what the eyes has seen; the mouth will not say" Ewatomi said. It was a line she had seen in a Chinese dynasty movie.

The boys roared with laughter at Ewatomi and Ewatomi regretted talking in the first place.

"You are sounding like all these old palace people"

Ewatomi smiled a little "Snr Tolu don't worry. We won't tell anyone. I promise" Ewatomi said as one of them smiled lightly.

"Why should we believe you?" Tolu asked.

"I just made a promise" Ewatomi replied and Tolu chuckled.

"Haven't you heard that saying that promises are meant to be broken?" Tolu asked and Ewatomi felt her heart drop.

Nothing she said will be believed by these people. She should have watched as they walked.

"Huh? You are even a prefect, why won't you report?" James asked.

"She already made a promise, why are you still making a fuss?" They heard a voice and they all turned.

The boys rushed to their feet alarmed upon seeing Luke. Ewatomi heaved a sigh of relief upon seeing Luke.

"This is our business, stay away from it" Tolu said and Luke nodded.

"Really?" Luke asked lazily and Ewatomi gulped down her saliva.

"I was sleeping peacefully until your noise woke me up" Luke said as Tolu shook.

"We apologise for waking you up" James said rushingly and Luke nodded.

"Whatever. You are gonna let them go, if you approach them again; I'll take it that you want to have a conversation with me" Luke said.

The boys kept quiet and Luke nodded "I'll take it that you agreed" Luke said as he turned to Ewatomi.

"Run along" Luke said as he started to walk away while Ewatomi and Fayoke scurried after Luke.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ewatomi turned to Luke who sat down on one of the cemented chair and yawned lazily.

"Don't you two know, this is a zone you shouldn't walk in carelessly?" Luke asked and Ewatomi lowered her head.

In the garden, there were zones where no one could just go to. Zones that if you landed there, you were responsible for whatever you faced. A junior girl was once raped in the garden.

"Thank you very much Snr Luke" Fayoke muttered and Luke nodded.

"You look like a scared cat at the moment so get yourself together" Luke said plainly.

"Thank you very much" Ewatomi said with a smile.

Luke nodded and yawned again. His eyes remained on the empty space in front of him.

"I'll treat you anytime you get into a fight" Ewatomi said as Luke turned to her an amused smile on his lips that sent Fayoke and Ewatomi into a trance.

"Is that you saying its alright to get into fights?" Luke asked as Ewatomi dropped her head.

"I was trying to offer my services" Ewatomi replied trying to keep her composure.

"I know, just teasing you" Luke replied as he stood up from the chair and fixed his ear pods in his ear and laid on the grass.

Ewatomi expressed shock and surprise at Luke's reply. She watched Luke's actions with wide eyes.

Adele-Akinniyi Luke was teasing her?

"Run along, your classes should have started" Luke said as he closed his eyes.

Ewatomi stared at his figure for a while before smiling. She tugged on Fayoke's clothes before hurrying away.

Luke slowly opened his eyes after the footsteps of Ewatomi and Fayoke disappeared.

"I really did let you go, since you came on your own; I'm not letting you go" Luke whispered with a smile as he closed his eyes again.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fayoke sighed again as she smiled at Ewatomi "I was seriously praying in my mind" Fayoke said and Ewatomi chuckled.

"I really thought we were done for" Fayoke added and Ewatomi nodded.

"My heart was already doing dum, dum, dum " Ewatomi confessed.

"Shey you did not notice that I couldn't talk or do anything?" Fayoke asked.

"You that you still had something to say" Fayoke said and Ewatomi laughed.

"But will they really leave us alone, I mean those seniors are dangerous" Fayoke said expressing her concern.

"Who's more dangerous? Those seniors or Snr Luke?" Ewatomi asked.

"Of course its Snr Luke, because no one knows what he is capable of; that's why he's more dangerous" Fayoke replied.

"I kinda trust Snr Luke's words. Let's just hope and pray they don't bother us" Ewatomi said and Fayoke nodded.

Ewatomi knew she was saying total nonsense. She didn't kinda trust Luke. She trusted him.