• 10 •

Luke got down from the car and his dad wounded down the glass.

"Are you picking me up after school?" Luke asked.

"If the meeting at the office goes smoothly, I should" Mr Adele-Akinniyi replied and Luke nodded before slapping high fives with his dad and walking towards his class.

He walked lazily with his jacker unbuttoned. As he walked past a class; they went quiet. Even after he had gone far; the student checked before they could talk again.

Kunle shook his head at Luke has he sat down.

"You are crazy" Kunle said with a short laugh making Luke shrug his shoulders.

Shade walked into the class with a smile. She sat down on the chair beside Luke before turning to him.

"Morning" she said.

"Good morning Shade" Luke replied as he rummaged through his bag.

"Your post caused a sensation in the school forum yesterday and everyone is still talking about it" Shade said and Luke nodded.

"At least, my message got passed across" Luke said.

Shade managed a smile as she nodded "Did something happen yesterday that I didn't know about? You out Ewatomi and Fayoke on your watch list, no one can touch them now" Shade asked as Luke placed his bag behind him.

"Nothing much. They kinda needed my help" Luke replied and Shade chuckled.

"You are not the type who helps people" Shade said and Kunle turned to her a frown marring his handsome face.

"Shade your point is? You are curious why Luke did that? Or you are curious about the relationship between the three of them? Or you want to ask why Luke didn't do the same for you?" Kunle asked coldly and Shade struggled to keep the smile on her face intact.

"They really needed his help so he helped them and why he didn't so that for you is because the fact that you are his friend already makes you untouchable. Satisfied?" Kunle asked again as Luke rolled his eyes.

"Shade, your Mathematics teacher just walked past, you should go to your class" Luke said calmly and Shade pursed her lips before standing up.

"I'll see you guys later" Shade said before walking out of the class.

"You are becoming irritatable these days. You okay?" Luke asked Kunle who managed a smile and nodded.

Luke shrugged his shoulders at his best friend even when he knew Kunle was lying but he was confident that Kunle would open up to him by himself.

"Making that post, aren't you scared that she'll run away?" Kunle asked with a short laugh and Luke swirled the biro in between his fingers.

"No, it was just the right dose" Luke replied.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Luke played the ball in circles while he practiced. They had a match with some school that Friday, so everyone was warming up and practicing.

Ewatomi and Fayoke walked into indoor football practice room and sat on the bleachers. They soon found where Luke was practicing.

"Are we waiting for him to finish practice?" Fayoke asked and Ewatomi nodded.

"Let's wait for about fifteen minutes, if he doesn't finish by then, let's call his attention" Ewatomi replied while Fayoke nodded.

Kunle was also seating on the bleachers soon noticed Ewatomi and Fayoke. He walked up to them as both of them shot up to their feet.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kunle asked.

"We came to see Snr Luke" Ewatomi replied as Kunle glanced at Luke before whistling. Luke's head shot up immediately as he turned to Kunle. Kunle in turn pointed towards Ewatomi and Fayoke.

Luke's expression didn't change as he walked towards them in long, attractive strides.

"What are you two doing here?" Luke asked calmly.

"We wanted to thank you for your help. You help put out any oncoming danger" Fayoke said and Luke nodded.

"How long have you guys been seating here?" Luke asked.

"About ten minutes" Ewatomi asked.

"Wow, so you two came here and sat down. You couldn't wave your hands or something" Luke said as a smal smile tugged at his lips.

"Okay. I gotta practice. See you" Luke said as he walked back towards the field.

Kunle watched as Ewatomi's lips formed a smile as she looked at Luke. He chuckled lightly before glancing at Luke.

"Snr Kunle, thank you" Ewatomi said and Fayoke nodded as they walked away.

"I didn't know Snr Kunle was that cute" Fayoke said but Kunle heard and chuckled lightly as he returned to his seat.

"Could Snr Luke be friends with an ugly person?" Ewatomi asked rather proudly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Luke walked slowly beside Kunle as they passed a shortcut home. Kunle was quiet and his face was solemn.

"They fight a lot these days" Kunle started.

"And my mom actually mentioned divorce while they argued yesterday" Kunle said his voice laced with emotion.

"They keep fighting everyday that I'm glad I put Kola and Kiishi in boarding house. I don't know what their reactions would be if they watched them argue everyday like this" Kunle added.

Luke's expression turned solemn while he listened. He didn't say anything or try to interrupt his best friend. He knew what he needed was for someone to listen to him.

"They used to have a joint account. Mom withdrew half of money and told dad she was gonna move out. Dad also said he was gonna move out as well" Kunle said again.

"They didn't even seem to care that they still had kids. While the whole world thinks they are one amazing couple; they are actually the worst on earth!" Kunle said as he stopped walking.

"Luke, I don't want to be a kid with divorced parents" Kunle said as he turned to Luke.

"If they divorce, its just going to be me, Kola and Kiishi. Those poor kids, what am I going to do with them? How are we going to live if neither of them wants us?" Kunle asked and Luke immediately pulled him into a hug and Kunle burst into tears as he hugged Luke.

Luke sighed slowly as he patted his back slowly. He tried to think of what to say.

"You'll be fine" Luke said as he continuously rubbed Kunle's back.