Chapter 16

No one's POV 

Everyone has gathered around as Marcus was still working on the final touches. Himawari was seated on top of his work station with Kawaki's oversized hoodie still on her.  

"How long does this process take?" one of the younger mechanics asked still not understanding the whole process. 

Hima looked at the man "Once on me it will take 30 minutes for the process to be completed and the virus to be safely stored away." 

Kawaki looked at him with annoyance "And we only have three minutes left before her 72-hour time frame is up!"  then focus back on Marcus.

"We are seriously going to miss this window come on!" Boruto yelled. 

"Marcus!" Mari said lightly.

"Okay, done. Here goes nothing" Marcus pulled the large sleeve of her hoodie up and starts to put the long cuff over her forearm closest to the wrist. He then moves over the touch screen on the machine.

"Brace yourself Hima" Boruto said moving next to his sister.

Marcus nodded "It's going to hurt" Then he pushed the extract button on the screen. 

Himawari took a deep breath "No, it's going to be fine... OH MY GOD!" She yelled out in pain as she felt the several large needles go through her arm and into her bloodstream.

Marcus put his finger up as everyone watched not making a sound as they focused on the clock to start. 

*Beep* 

The clock started to work, going from showing 30 minutes to now 29 and in counting. 

Marcus smiled "It's working." 

"It's working!" Boruto reiterated even louder so that everyone could hear. 

The whole room bursts into joy and laughter knowing that they had just saved the world from an incurable disease. 

Boruto ran towards Shikadai spinning him around with a big grin on his face while Shikadai was not entertained by the moment.

Himawari sighed in relief from everything that happened in the past few days and then looked over making eye contact with  Kawaki. He made his way over to her with a 'I told you so face' 

"I told you we had other options," He said softly to her.

Himawari rolled her eye "guess I could admit to being wrong this one time."

"Hey! Someone triggered the alarm!" Inojin yelled grabbing everyone's attention as he looked at the Ipad in his hand.

Shikadai made his way next to Himawari and Kawaki then looked at the whole crew "That's him, okay guys get into positions at the ramp! We keep the fight outside, the last thing we need is to destroy this place." He then looked at Himawari as everyone was running around getting ready. "Are we able to shut down their guns?"

Himawari was becoming a bit little lightheaded from the blood being drained from her system "yeah" she points at her laptop "just press the enter button to start but you only have 10 minutes till The Salakua figures out how to reactivate the guns." 

Boruto walked up next to Shikadai with a serious face "perfect, that is all we need. You stay here we can't risk the Salakua getting you and the virus."

Himawari shook her head "No! I need to fight, none of this would have happened if I didn't take the virus to start with." She tried jumping down but became dizzy and lost her balance.  

Shikadai and Boruto caught her and then placed her in the closest open chair. 

"you are in no shape Hima," Boruto said sternly.