jj maybank | hanahaki

▪▪▪

o. Hanahaki disease. A disease where a victim of unrequited love will proceed to vomit or cough up both blood and flower petals, from a flowering plant in their lungs.  Until eventually causing death to them. The only cure to this disease is if their love is returned.

warnings: angst, mentions of death, blood, coughing up of flower petals.

a-n: I have finally finished this imagine, and I am kinda proud of how this turned out. I hope you guys liked it! also I had always enjoyed reading Hanahaki themed imagines and felt like I should write one myself.

She could feel the thorns pricking at the back of her throat as she violently coughed into the toilet bowl. Her hands clutched the toilet's sides as she felt large portions of blood and flower petals spew out from between her lips. Her coughing remained unheard as the party at the Chateau, loudly continued on. Tears falling down her cheeks, as she sobbed at the pain, she had been suffering for the past few weeks now. All because of the unrequited love she had been feeling now. It all starting when she fell for her best friend, JJ Maybank. The infamous Pogue, known for having one-night stands with females.

The h/c girl soon felt the violent coughing stop, so she sat up and turned around. Resting her back, uncomfortably against the toilet bowl, as the tears proceeded to fall down her cheeks. She hated how her life had turned out by now. Plastering fake smiles upon her face, when she hung with her friends. Fake laughter at jokes they had told together. All of this to forget the pain of her heart slowly cracking, at not having her feelings returned. Her best friends didn’t know. She hadn’t told them. She hadn’t told them about her feelings. She hadn’t told them how every night she cried herself to sleep. And she certainly hasn't told them how often she rushes to the bathroom to puke up blood and rose petals, from the plant flowering in her lungs.

The s/c girl sighed; her eyes closed gently as she tried to forget about the constant heartache from her feelings. She bobbed her head along slowly, to the music outside the bathroom door. She only assumed that JJ had already found his next touron for the night and was already getting it on with them, in John B's spare room. Just the thought of that made Y/n’s face fall sadly, and the very familiar feeling of the rose petals began climbing up her throat, begging to come out. She quickly spun back around, clutching the toilet seat once again and spewing back into the bowl. Her tears only increased as the blood and petals forced themselves into the toilet. Small drops of the blood splashing against the tiled bathroom flooring.

“Y/n!” The familiar call of her name, from outside the white door, was heard by the female. The feminine voice made the h/c girl, believe it was either Sarah or Kie, and they sounded worried. She didn’t want anyone to worry about her though, it didn't matter anyway because in a matter of a few weeks. She wouldn’t even be there anymore. She wouldn’t even be there for any more boat trips on the HMS Pogue, or keggers at the boneyard or the Chateau. In a matter of weeks, her friend group would probably forget about her. Forget she even existed in there lives.

At the thought of the pogues forgetting her, she felt another tear slip down the side of her cheeks. The constant coughing and hacking up of flower petals and blood had subsided by now, not completely gone. But, still there for the next time she feels her love being unrequited. It stopped just in time too, because next thing she knew a very familiar brunette female entered. The brown curls belonging none other than Kiara Carrera, one of her best friends.

“Omg, Y/n!” she gasped quietly. Her eyes widened just a fraction, as she spotted the state her best friend was in. The h/c’s whose hair was messy, blood covering her once neat outfit and left over tear marks on her s/c cheeks, from her previous crying. The girl was thankful that Kie couldn’t spot the flower petals, which must have escaped the toilet bowl.