The first mask: the face of motivation.

Funny how we always try to explain things that we don't even understand ourselves...

But well, I guess it's fine since in the end...

No one understands anything.

~Nobody's P.O.V.~

"So, you already experimented it huh?" His playful voice said, as the ground made resonance with every step he took closer.

"You'll need to be more specific." The other's dead voice replied, as tired oceanic eyes turned to the gray-tinted sky, to avoid that gaze he came to know well.

At that answer, his mocking eye turned to look at the sky mimicking the other; and after letting a long sigh escape from his covered mouth, he took some other steps closer and sat next to the kid whose voice held no emotion.

"The positive part of life, that thing we call... love" he concluded, as his words became full of a mixture between mocking happiness and suffocating darkness.

"Yeah..." the kid said, in a reflexive -improper for a child- tone "and I lost it." he concluded, turning his dead oceanic gaze to the village that was below them.

The wind felt like it had become heavier, as it made the blond locks of the child cover his vision and expression... but it was not like the child actually cared about it, he didn't need his eyes to see after all and he didn't need the not-so-stranger pity his tears.

"I think... it would've hurt less when I didn't know that feeling yet... this is worse than life itself."  the kid reflexed, as he lifted his gaze again, burying those heartrending feelings to the deepest part of his soul.

"Then why are you still alive, if it hurts that much?" his playful voice again asked, as his eyes never left the sight of the heartbroken child sitting next to him.

"...."  the younger boy couldn't bring himself to reply.

"I asked something~" the older man warned; his attitude, being the most childish of the two.

"Why didn't you just kill me before? wasn't it your goal or something?" devoid of any emotion, the blond kid replaced his answer with a question, to avoid any slips.

"Meh, you didn't have motivation to anything." the childish man replied, waving his hand in a lazy manner, as if he was downplaying the importance of his powerful words.

Then, he took a long breath, placing his hands together and obtaining the kid's attention, he said:

 "An trust me when I say love is a really strong one." phrase that was accompanied with the biggest yet darkest grin possible, the blond kid felt a cold and uncomfortable sensation running down his spine.

This was creepy.

"Still you could've killed me easier before." the kid stated calmly, trying to shake off that uneasy feeling the other was giving him. 

"Yeah, but it wouldn't be fun." the man responded, again, with a creepy and dark grin that adorned his covered features.

And from pure reflex and shock, the blond boy turned to face him; eyes wide as the Uchiha's ego and mouth agape. What the actual- the older man was being really sadistic today... but like, more than usual.

"I couldn't go against a kid who didn't know life 'cuz like you said, you wouldn't fight to keep it, and no fight equals boredom." the masked man explained at the blond's confusion.

Which only actually served to disrupt that confusion into a more twisted emotion.

"Be careful Menma because from now on..." he continued while standing up and looking down at 'Menma', as said kid felt the figure of the man become more intimidating.