1. Start of a new Job

It was mid September and you had finally unpacked all the boxes in your new apartment. It was early in the evening and you only just got a chance to sit down on your brand new purple couch when suddenly your phone rang it was your ex-girlfriend/ best friend Laura.

"hey y/n how you doing?" Laura asks

"not bad" you replied
"tired to be honest just finished unpacking all my stuff I forgot how much stuff I actually had" Laura laughed. Laura had a tendency to laugh at any thing you would say and at first you found it weird but you got used to it.

"So. now that you have finished unpacking your stuff let's go out"

"Go out where? I'm not sure I'm up for clubbing or going to a bar tonight if that's your plan"

"why not? I haven't seen or partied with you for so long"

You rolled you eyes "because I'm tired I've been on my feet for the past 5 days I've had about 4 hours sleep all together and going out, getting drunk and having some stranger grind on me does not sounded great to me. But if you want to see me and I mean I really want to see you then please feel free to come round here and drink wine with me and watch the new episodes of supernatural with me, then pleas be my guest" Laura seemed to dislike the idea of a quiet night in, as she decided instead to hang up and send you a text saying:

Laura: I love you but you're boring meet me tomorrow outside Holmes diner at 3 and I'll show you some of the most beautiful places in dc.

You weren't too bothered by Laura's rudeness, you were used to her sudden mood swings besides lying on your couch with a bottle of rosé and watching your favourite tv show alone was therapeutic. Your evening was relaxing you knew it was going to be one of your last relaxing nights you were going to have before you started at the BAU and that night when you finally got into bed you fell straight asleep.

The next morning you woke up to the bright blinding sun peeping through your curtains. With a groan you climbed out of bed, got dressed made yourself breakfast and decided to go on a walk before meeting Laura. You wanted to know three important things about your area number 1: where a decent library with a decent variety of books was, number 2: where the best coffee shop the area could offered was and finally number 3: a nearby bookshop.

The first placed you found was the library it was fairly big and wasn't near a loud main road. The second placed you found was the book shop it was small but sweet and basically empty.

Books made you feel something special, you liked all genres and had read a lot of books in your life. However what you loved more than books was book shops, your mother was also a book lover and when you were young she would take you to bookshops all the time and afterwards you would get hot chocolate together in your favourite café in LA.

You had lost your mother and father when you were 15, they were murdered and found in their bed on valentines day. You didn't find their bodies until you had returned home from a date with your girlfriend at the time/ best friend Laura. The sight of their horrifically mangled bodies had changed you and every time you tried to remember your parents that image would often pop into your head. So you would tried to hold on to the good memories you had of them and one of those memories was spending time with your mother in book shops.

The smell of the fresh books never failed to put a smile on your faced, it was something about the earthy, woody smell that filled your senses. When you entered your new local book shop a wave of happiness flooded your body and a smile appeared on your face. You began looking rounded the bookshop still smiling as you ran your fingers along the spines of the books. You kept thinking of you mother and the happy memories you spent with her when suddenly a soft quiet voice came up from behind you.