17. In sickness and in health

TRIGGER WARNING: Vomiting, passing out and panic attacks

The first few weeks at the safe house were great, you all drunk yourselves silly, and messed around a lot but after a while you all began to get bored, and Home sick. Hotch and JJ missed their families, it was hard because they couldn't have any contact with them at all. Everyone just wanted to go home and get back to work, what's more is that you were all kept completely in the dark about the case, so you couldn't even come up with an approximate for when you could leave.

Spencer had taken it upon himself to do everything he could to help you learn to walk properly again. He was unsurprisingly good at it. He made sure nothing you did would hurt or cause you any more damages. Within the first month of being in the safe house, you managed to be able to walk without a stick but you kept the leg brace on. You still had a limp but the physio was slowly helping you. Overall the situation hadn't been great.

Now you had been in the safe house for 2 and a half months, everyone was grumpy and recently you had gotten sick which just made you even grumpier, because of cause out of everyone on the team you had to be the one to get sick!

"Don't look at me, I'm disgusting" you croaked, kneeling over the toilet, your hair sticking to your your sweaty forehead, and your cheek resting on the side of the toilet seat.

"I've seen worse, besides I promised to be with you in sickness and in health, I have not intention of breaking my vow anytime soon" Spencer whispered, pulling your hair away from your face.

"I feel shi-" you paused to throw up in the toilet again, at this point you were throwing up, pure acidic bile. You had barely eaten anything over the past week, and none of it was staying down. Spencer drew circles into your back, and looked over at you sympathetically. He really wanted to help but nothing he had tried was working.

"This is a really nasty bug you've got. I'm worried it might be something else"

"Wh-what you thinking?" you asked tiredly

"Well there are several things it could be; it could be a virus, or you could have been expose to chemical toxins. A-And well you could be pregnant" Spencer pointed out

"I-I d-don't think so, I-I've had the injection" you replied
"I doubt I've b-been exposed to chemical toxins... I don't think I have... It's p-probably a-a virus" you mused.

Once you were done heaving the contents of your stomach, Spencer handed you a water and helped you stand up again.

"If whatever this is doesn't go or show any signs of going in the next 3 days I think we should call a doctor"

"Agreed" you groaned, as you began brushing your teeth, in the hope the strong minty tooth past would replace the disgusting taste of bile in your mouth.

When you started to look and feel somewhat less dead, you decided to go down stairs to socialise with the rest of the team who were eating breakfast in the dining room at the time.

"Still unwell Y/n?" Rossi asked curiously. You nodded and sat down at the table next to Spencer, who then handed you a slice of dry toast, in the hope that you'd be able to keep it down so that you wouldn't die of starvation. You nibbled at it until you began to feel nauseous again, then you rested your head down on the table and groaned.

"Why is it always me?"

"Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon" Penelope said optimistically. You looked up at her and smiled softly before resting your head back down on the table.

"Maybe you've become allergic to us" Derek suggested jokingly. You weren't in the mood for his banter, and so you flicked him off and leaned into Spencer.