6. The letter

Once you got home later that night. You fell straight asleep on you bed. You had never been so happy to see your bed before. As you drifted off you thought of the moment when you saw spencer again. You smiled to yourself and fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning you woke up bright and early because you wanted to stopped off at the blackbird on your way to work. Hotch had told you to take some time off, but you weren't great with time off and so you told him you would be fine to go in.

On your way out of your apartment you checked your mailbox like you did every morning. You only had one letter in there, you took it with you and decided to open it at work not thinking much of it.

You got mail everyday, sometimes it was taxes, or your bank statements etc... Once you got into work you sat at your desk and opened the letter. What was bizzare about the letter, was that it had no stamp or addressed on it meaning it had been hand delivered by the sender. You opened the envelope and inside was a folded piece of paper inside, the font of the writing on the letter suggests it had been written on a typewriter which was also weird because no-one used typewriters anymore that's what computers were for. The letter said

'It was meant to be you, it was all your fault, you will feel what he felt, your life will be cut short too! mark my words'

You had a feeling the senders attempt was to scare you, from what you could guess was that the letter wasn't being serious. Firstly the way it was written sounded like one of those stupid threats people make in the movies, too dramatic. Also you had no idea who the sender was referring to when they said 'he'. What's more is, if the sender was serious and they did want to kill you, why hadn't they just killed you if they knew where you lived.

You put the letter in your desk drawer and ignored it. You assumed it was a stupid prank. As someone who had read death threats before this threat did not sounded real and was nothing to worry about.

You spent most of your day at your desk doing paperwork, looking over cold cases, and writing your account on the previous case.

"So little lady how are you feeling?" Derek asked coming over to your desk with a cup of coffee for you.

"Much better, you won't catch me in a forest for a while" You laughed

"So you and pretty boy then?"

"Now you want to do this now?" you sighed

"Yeah, y'see you kept your relationship secret for 4 months, I got questions"

"Alright go ahead"

"Have you slept with him yet?" Derek asked

"Wow you don't hold back do you? But yes"

"Is he good in bed?"

"Why do you want to know? Aww Derek do you want to sleep with Spencer? I didn't you swung that way" you joked

"I wanna know if the kid's got game, so just answer to question"

"yes he's the best man I've ever slept with, and I've slept with a. lot. of. men... A. lot. That's all I'm saying"

"Really? My man" Derek chuckled handing you your coffee then walking away.

"Hey Y/n" Emily greeted as you walked into the breakroom, 2 hours later to make yourself another coffee.

"Hey what's up?"

"Well I thought you might want to go out for a drink tonight. Especially after that case, and I want to talk" She explained

"Uh oh, are you going to ask me a bunch of questions about my relationship with Spencer?" you asked

"Well I will ask about it, but that's not all I wanted to talk about, I just want to check up on you, so drink tonight at the bar, sound good?" she questioned