14. The Plan

TRIGGER WARNING: Violence, Drowing, sexual assualt and PTSD

The next month was really rough, you didn't sleep, you could barely be intimate with Spencer because every time you were you suffered a flashback of some kind. Nightmares intruded your mind every night, you would wake up screaming, in a hot sweat, shaking and breathing heavily. Sometimes your nightmares were followed by panic attacks, then a lot of crying. Spencer would hold your shaking body every time, and help you fall back asleep again. Although he insisted that he didn't mind, and that your reaction is normal you couldn't help but feel guilty, he seemed really tired all the time too.

For the first 2 weeks he stayed with you, you spent most of your days snuggling on the couch, having a panic attack after hearing every sudden noise. After 2 weeks Spencer went back to work which you didn't complain about, but in reality you spent the whole day sitting on the couch anxiously, crying a lot and only moving if you needed to pee.

"Y/n Hotch wants to talk to us" Spencer said through the phone.
"How soon can you get here?"

"Oh uh- uh- C-Could you m-maybe c-come g-get m-me?"

"Oh, of course, sorry I wasn't thinking, I'll be there in an hour"

The line disconnected and you sat on the couch staring at the front door waiting for Spencer to walk through the door. Exactly 59 minutes later Spencer arrived, carefully opening the front door to not startle you.

"Hey baby, are you ready to go?" he asked walking over to you, you nodded and slowly got off the couch, wobbling slightly as you got a proper grip on your crutches, Spencer helped you into the car then drove you both to the BAU.

"Y/n! How are you?!" Penelope asked as the elevator doors opened.

"I-I'm ok... Healing... Slowly... Very, very slowly" you replied honestly. She smiled at you sympathetically then let you and Spencer go to Hotch's office.

"Ah good you're here, please take a seat. Both of you" Hotch said motioning for you both to sit on the couch in his office.

"Hotch what is this about?" You asked nervously

"As you know, the man who kidnapped and tortured you was Dwight Holloway" Hotch began, the mention of the Holloways made a shiver travel down your spine. Spencer noticed your shiver and squeezed your hand lightly.
"I just got a called from the Milburn Correctional Facility, there has been a break out and one of the prisoners who escaped was Tom Holloway"

You sat there staring at Hotch, your hands began to shake and your breathing became short and shaky. Spencer looked over at you as a tear rolled down your blank face. He squeezed you hand again attempting to bring you back to the room, but your mind had wandered as you fell into a dissociative state. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer to him, so that your head was resting on his shoulder.
"It's ok, I'm here" he whispered, kissing the top of your head.

"Reid you two should stay here until we get agents to make sure your house is safe, and we'll give you 24 hour security until the Holloways are found" Hotch explained.

"Well I don't think, she's moving any time soon" Spencer mumbled

"She's in shock, the Holloways have put her through hell. But she'll come round soon, stay with her in here, I'll go inform the team"

You looked up at them both, tears filling your eyes.
"I can't do this again" you whispered, as the tears rolled down your cheek.

"I know Y/n, you're going to be ok, we're both going to be ok" Spencer muttered kissing the top of your head. You closed your eyes and buried your face in Spencers shoulder. Suddenly Spencers phone rang causing you to jolt because of the sudden noise.
"Sorry, it's my mom's hospital, I'll be right back ok?" Spencer said looking up from his phone, you nodded and watched as he left the room to answer the phone.