5. Lost

4 months had passed. You and spencer were still secretly in love and everyday got a little easier to deal with the grief of losing Laura. It hadn't been the easiest 4 months, Lauras death hadn't just caused you pain, but it had brought up many bad memories that you had buried.

When your parents died your mental health took a massive blow and for a long time it deteriorated. For the last 10 years, along with continuing life, you had been trying to fix it. Nowadays you had good days and bad days but nothing serious. However after Lauras death you felt yourself slipping, you tried to not slip back into a state of constant depression and with the help of Spencer you hadn't but you were still struggling more than you would like.

The team had been extremely supportive, Rossi would often invite you to his mansion for scotch and a chat. Emily, JJ, and Penelope would take you on girls nights out where you would all get ridiculously drunk and usually end up crying to each other about your problems. Derek and Hotch always checked up on you and Spencer, well Spencer did what Spencer does. He would come over all the time. He would encourage you to talk about your feeling but he never pushed you if you didn't want to. He didn't make you feel so alone and he made you feel loved.

The temperature was rising and cases were still coming through weekly. It was the 12th of April, daffodils grew on the grass outside, the sky was a beautiful shade of blue, and the sun was high in the sky. A case had just came through in Denver, Colorado, 4 people had gone missing and found 5 days later all of the bodies had been found in the forest. The corpse's showed signs of torture.

"This is going to be tough, the forest the bodies were dump in goes on for miles!" JJ exclaimed, on the jet.

"If the forest if that big, then the unsub could live in it. They could like the seclusion, perhaps these victims walk past the unsubs living space, for some reason this annoys him, and it also gives him a perfect opportunity to abduct them, play out his sadistic fantasies then dump them somewhere" You suggested

"Potentially, Y/l/n, Morgan I want you two to go to the dump sights, JJ, Prentiss, I want you two to go talk to the families, Reid, Rossi, and I will go to the station to start the geographical profile and figure out the victimology" Hotch announced

Once the jet landed You and Morgan drove to where the first body was dumped. It was on the outskirts of the forest.

"How is our unsub transporting the bodies?" Morgan asked

"He could live close by and drag them here" You suggested

"Maybe but there are no drag marks, but also the bodies are dump in random places all around the forest, some bodies are miles away from each other" he pointed out

"Yeah you've got a point. It's strange he can't have a vehicle because there are no tire marks either" you added.

"Unless he does drag the bodies and just covers the drag marks"

"Even so, it's not easy dragging a body, he's got to be strong" Derek mentioned

"I guess so" You sighed
"Come on, let's go back to the station" you motioned for Derek to follow you, then you both got back into the SUV and drove away.

"So are you and Reid ever gonna get together" Derek asked randomly
"I mean me and JJ have this bet and I bet that you guys will but JJ doesn't think it will happen, so I'm really hoping that you guys will" you were completely startled by this question as you knew you and spencer had been together since Christmas however purely to irritate Morgan you pretended that you didn't feel for spencer like that.

"What? No! Morgan me and spencer were just friends i also don't appreciate you making bets on my love life" you scoffed pretending to sound annoyed.