: 02 :

The group of guys stood in shock, but because they were what people called delinquents, they didn't show it on their faces

"Tyler, what do we do about her? She has seen us pull out our guns, she could rat us out to the police. Oh for god sakes, she could be a police officer herself waiting to arrest us any second." 

"Don't you think she would've to arrest us already, you idiota? I'll let Don know about it and see what he decides to do about her, but right now assign some guys to watch her. If she goes anywhere near the police station, kill her."

"Got it."

Tyler walked towards their car while making a phone call to the Don. 

"Mr. Becker paid, sort of. This girl interrupted us just as we were about to kill him, and offered to pay his debt. We also pulled our guns on her, so I ordered for a couple of men to follow her because I'm unsure whether we should kill her or not. What do you think Stefano?"

"Interesting. Keep tabs on her and I want a background check done on her."

"All right. See you later, ciao."

++++++++++

The next morning she woke up to a phone call from her mother. To say the least, she wished it was her alarm instead.

"Hi my sweet bambina!" a sweet voice had said. The problem was Calla knew this voice too well, her mother would've never spoken to her in that manner if she didn't want anything. 

"How much do you need?" 

"Calla, why do you always have to assume that I need something from you? Can't I just call my sweet daughter and have a chat with her."

Calla scoffed, "Well of course you can, but you never were the mother type so just tell me how much you need. I have things I need to do."

"I owe some people money."

When do you not?

"Spit it out."

"325K."

Calla dropped her poker face and emotion of shock covered her face. 

325K.

That was double the amount she gave her mother last time. Her mother had a gambling problem, and no matter what Calla tried to do, her mom couldn't stop. Calla had hoped and hoped that one day her mother would change, but this morning she realized that no matter what she did or said, her mother would always be like that.

"Give me the name of the casino that you owe money to, I'll hand them the cheque." Calla saying to her mother unable to trust her anymore and fearing that her mother would use the money she's given her to gamble more. 

"Oh thank you bambina, the casino's name is The Red Lagoon. It's a bar that has a casino on the top floor." 

And before Calla could say bye, her mother ended the call. No longer able to hold her strong facade, Calla broke down crying. She had wished that there would be a miracle and her mother magically became someone that cared for her.