: 03 :

Stefano's heart was beating faster than usual, but these types of situations happen so often, so he knew his high heart rate was not caused by this

Instead, it was caused by Calla. 

They had just met a couple minutes ago, and she had already him feeling uneasy and he couldn't figure out why. Sure, she was unusual, different from the other girls that would normally show up at his club. But there was something more to it, something that made him feel the need to protect her. 

Stefano felt unsafe with leaving her in his office with nothing, but a gun. A gun she most likely didn't know how to use. 

A bunch of scenarios appeared in his mind while he was looking for intruders on the top floor. What if he goes into the office to find Calla harmed, cover in blood, or dead? That thought made him shiver. 

As he was scouting out the place, he had noticed a figure.

"I would suggest you come out from where ever you are hiding. No matter how many people you have backing you up, you won't make it out of here alive."

Aiming his gun to where he last saw the figure, a head became visible. It was a boy that looked no younger than 13. Stefano was the type to kill anyone, no matter the age, but he didn't in this case. This boy was harmless, his hands were shaking as he held the gun. The boy's finger wasn't even positioned properly, he didn't know a single thing about pulling a trigger.

"Look, I don't want to harm you. What's your name?" Stefano said as he walked closer to him. 

"T-troy. My name's Tr-," before Troy could finish his sentence, a man came out of the corner and shot him in the head instantly killing him. At the same time, Stefano shot the man, but not quick enough to save a young boy's life. 

Pulling out his phone, he dialled Kai's number. Kai was usually the tech guy, but occasionally went on runs. 

"What's up?"

"I need you find a boy named Troy, brown curly hair. African-American. Roughly 13 years-old. I need you find if he has any family, and if he doesn't, we'll give him a proper burial. His body is in hallway B."

"Alright. Be safe."

++++++++++

Stefano was in the hallway when he heard more gunshots coming from his office. He hoped that it was Calla firing those shots. Running to his office, he kicked the door open expecting the worse. Instead, he was greeted with a man groaning in pain who seemed to be losing blood quite quickly and Calla sitting on the floor with a gun in her hand. 

"Calla..."

"I shot him. I shot someone," Calla laughed as she started to cry, "Can you believe that?" 

Without thinking, Stefano rushed over to Calla engulfing her with a hug. 

Stefano knew exactly how it felt to be in this position. It didn't matter how ruthless and heartless you were, the first time you ever shoot someone will always leave you with guilt. It's just that overtime, you learn to put it aside.

Calla was in shock and Stefano understood. 

"I-I don't even know why I'm crying. It was him or me right?"

"Exactly. Him or you. And thank god it was him," Stefano replied back while caressing her back whispering the last part not wanting Calla to hear it. 

As they sat together in each other's arms, Stefano had noticed she smelled like roses and a tiny hint of strawberry. A smell that he quickly recognized, but he couldn't quite put a finger to where he had smelt it from.

A couple of footsteps were coming towards the office door and at a quick pace as well. With Stefano's natural extinct, he took out his gun, preparing it to shoot at anyone who entered the door with one hand and while the other was holding Calla.

"Don! All intruders have been eliminated." 

Putting his gun away, he replied, "Bring this body into a jail cell," pointing to the body on the ground, "and get Ms. Cadence to look at his wounds. I also want a room in my penthouse to be prepared for a guest. Fill the bathroom with lady products like tampons, pads. You know stuff like that."

"Yes sir."

A few seconds after, he noticed Calla had fallen asleep in his arms, passed out from exhaustion. 

Carrying her in a bridal style, he started walking to his car. 

While walking, he looked down at her. She looked so peaceful in her sleep as if she didn't just shoot someone multiple times and the longer he looked at her, the more of the little details he noticed. She had a little scar on her jawline, a scar on her left eyebrow, and a rose tattoo peaking out behind her ear. He had wondered if she had any more tattoos. 

Arriving at his home, he carried Calla to his bed and tucked her in. And before leaving, he gave her a kiss on her forehead. 

In all honesty, Stefano didn't know why he did that. Why he gave her a gun in the first place, then carrying her to his own home. 

A girl he had just met less than twenty-four hours ago had found a way into his head.

Something in Calla intrigued him, maybe it was the fact she paid off a debt of someone she didn't know or the fact that her beautiful brown eyes were full of life, but at the same time, none at all. 

Then it had all clicked, and Stefano knew. 

This time, he was not going to let her go, and if that ever happened, hell would break loose.

bye, I'm so sorry this is so short. The next chapter will definitely be better!

-CC