: 08 :

Calla couldn't even lie, she enjoyed the days off from the law firm, and just not having any work in general

Calla couldn't even lie, she enjoyed the days off from the law firm, and just not having any work in general. She wasn't extremely stressed, life was good right now, and she wouldn't want it any other way. 

Being here allowed her to let herself loose. She went from having one friend to a whole group of people she could consider family. Something she could only have wished that ended up being a reality.  

A knock on her door distracted her train of thought, "Hey, It's Stefano."

"Come in, the door is unlocked." 

"You're going to be my date to a ball tomorrow."

Frowning her eyebrows to see if Stefano was joking or not, "I'm not going and besides wasn't the whole purpose of me staying here was to give you time to find whoever is after me. You know, this might not even be a Mafia matter. I'm a lawyer, I'm bound to have enemies." 

"Well it is a Mafia matter and I didn't ask for your permission. You're going and that's final. I'll have Tyler and Marcus accompany you to the mall for you to pick out a dress," looking at his watch, "in about thirty minutes, so you might want to start getting ready."

"I can't get ready if you're in my room now can I?" Calla asked while raising her eyebrows and tilting her head slightly to the side.

Rolling his eyes, he walked out of the room.

If Calla was being honest, she was excited. She just didn't want to show it and she hasn't left the house in weeks. It's also been a while since she has done anything fun for herself. 

Putting on a pair of jeans, a black turtle neck, and a trench coat, she decided on black boots as shoes. 

Closing her bedroom door on her way out, she was greeted by Marcus and Tyler by the stairs. 

"Hey, Calla!"

"Ms. Ricci." 

Taking each of them by their arms, "Oh stop it, Marcus, I've said it so many times. Call me Calla."

"Sorry, Ms.- Calla. It's a habit ma'am."

Walking down the stairs, "So I heard you guys are on babysitting duty. Why is that?"

"Isn't it obvious," Tyler screamed as if Calla wasn't right beside him, "It's because we are the two Stefano trusts the most." 

"I see."

+++++++++

They went from shop to shop, not being able to find a single dress that looked good or gained Calla's attention. 

It started getting frustrating.

"Okay. If we don't find the dress in this store, we are leaving. I'm over this."