: 18 :

Her heart dropped.

The voice, it sounded exactly like him.

Only he called her that.

The smell that entered her nose, it smelled exactly like the cologne he wore.

And as tears started to fill her eyes, her thoughts were everywhere.

What if it wasn't him and that it was all false hope?

She was afraid to turn around because her heart would shatter if it wasn't him.

"C? Mi Amore?"

A gasp had left her mouth.

She immediately turned around.

It couldn't have been him, he's dead. There was no way the man in front of her was alive. It just wasn't possible. It couldn't be possible.

But his eyes, they were the same piercing grey eyes she stared at when she was a little girl and the scar he had across his cheek. It was the same one she first noticed when she saw him at the bar.

He wrapped his hands around her and kissed her forehead, but she couldn't find herself to move or to talk or to even hug him back.

"Baby please, look at me. You're in a state of shock," he said as he cupped her face.

She was in disbelief. His touch felt so real.

Was she going insane? Did she finally break?

"I'm real C, I'm right here."

While tears rolled down her cheeks, "I'm dreaming, you're not real. You died. We buried you."

"Mi dispiace, I promise you that it's me. You aren't dreaming," he responded as he wiped the tears off her face.

(I'm sorry)

And soon, he had tears in his eyes as well.

She wrapped her arms around him and she cried.

She cried for herself. For all the months where she had to go through everything alone.

"Why would you leave me!" Calla said as she hit his chest over and over again.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you! I fucking despise you!" She cried.

"I know my love, I know."

He caressed her back and from time to time, he would give her little pecks on her forehead.

"And I'm so sorry, but mia regina, let's go home and I'll explain everything."

"Damn right you do!"

++++++++++

As he drove them home, Tyler and Marcus were trailing behind.

Streaks of her eye makeup were on her face making her look like a clown that was in a disaster.

Walking into the house, she took off her shoes and threw them to the side, not wanting to wear them any longer.

She was angry, furious even.

Taking a seat at the table, she spoke, "You better explain to me how you aren't six feet underground."

Before he said anything, he motioned Tyler and Marcus to leave the room, "The plane did explode, but the body they recovered wasn't mine."

"The guy, he had a tattoo that looked identical to your's. The same exact spot too."

"That was an unfortunate coincidence. I was stranded on an island for three months and then I blacked out. A guy named Kai found me when I blacked out, said I slipped into a coma. I didn't wake up until three months later. And for the last month, I spent my time recovering."