: 09 :

As the two of them were in the car along with Tyler and Marcus, Calla couldn't stop fidgeting with her rings, she was extremely nervous

As the two of them were in the car along with Tyler and Marcus, Calla couldn't stop fidgeting with her rings, she was extremely nervous. A couple of hours ago she thought she was just going to a normal ball, and a couple of minutes ago she found out it was a ball full of Mafia people.

"You're nervous," Stefano said.

"How did you know?" Calla replied still fidgeting with her rings.

"You play with your rings when you're nervous. Don't worry about it, stay by my side, and walk in with your head held high."

He noticed.

It wasn't like Calla wasn't confident, it was just strange to her. She's supposed to put these types of people to jail, but instead, she is out here partying with them.

"I forgot to give you this when we were back at the house." As he slipped a ring in a shape of a lion onto her ring finger.

"It's beautiful, but what's the reason for it. If you haven't noticed, I'm already wearing six of my own."

"You can know later."

Stefano was the first to get out of the car, then followed Calla who had Stefano's arm wrapped around her waist as soon as she got out.

As the two walked in with Tyler and Marcus trailing behind, all eyes were on them. People there were curious. Who was this girl that stood beside Stefano Bianchi? The guy who always went to events without a plus one. Who was this person who was lucky enough to be offered to be by his side?

Calla walked in with her head held high and an emotionless face as if she was walking into another court case. It was always good to look confident, it made the opponent threatened to know that nothing bothered or distraught her.

She felt good.

Girls glared at her, and men looked at her as if she was a piece of meat.

"Oh my goodness, is that you Stefano?" A lady who looked like she was in her sixty's started dragging her husband with her.

"Mrs. Tartel, long time no see. You look younger than the last time I saw you."

"Oh, darling stop it. Oh? And who may this be?"

"This is Calla. Calla, this is Mister and Mrs. Tartel."

Reaching her hand out for a handshake, "It's a pleasure to meet you." 

"Dear, you are absolutely gorgeous. And the dress, amazing taste."

"Thank you! Marcus picked it out."

"Of course he did," she said as she was laughing along with Calla.

"Honey, why don't you talk to Calla to get to know her better. Stefano, I want to talk to you." Mr. Tartel said.

+++++++++

As they were aside, "You gave her the ring?"

"I did."