: 11 :

Calla and Stefano would glance at each other once in a while during their meals, but mostly supper since Stefano was working the most in the morning

Recently, she started going to a therapist. As much as she didn't want to go, Stefano and Tyler kept convincing her, saying that it would be beneficial. It sort of helped, but Calla didn't want to tell a stranger her problems. Problems that she's kept to herself for years. 

Stefano spent the majority of his time signing shipments and training. He ordered many weapons, grenades, anything that could give them an upper hand. 

It was now Monday and the argument they had was still not resolved. There was many opportunities for them to solve it, but none them wanted to speak up.

Calla didn't want Stefano to leave on a bad note, she thought as she ate her breakfast.

While eating her fruits, she noticed a wallet lying on the ground.

That black square on the white wooden floor was bothering her, so she went to pick it up.

As she was picking up the wallet, a picture fell out.

"Oh my god..." she whispered to herself.

A picture of her when she was a child with a little boy. 

Checking the drivers license, this wallet belonged to Stefano. 

Stefano was the little boy in that picture. Stefano was the only guy she trusted when she was younger. The only guy who stuck with her, but yet the first guy to ever leave her.

"Hey C!" A little boy screamed as he saw his best friend.

"Oh hey Stef! How are you today?" The girl with the dark-brown hair responded.

Her bright, round eyes were what caught the little boy's attention the first time they met. They may have been the colour brown, but he thought they were the prettiest eyes he have ever seen.

"Good! My mommy got me an action figure, but my daddy got me a pistol for Christmas."

"What's a pistol?"

"Not sure, he says I'll be using it soon. What did you get for Christmas?"

Not knowing what to say since her parents didn't get her anything, she just said, "A big feast of food!" 

Knowing damn well that she didn't even get to have dinner with her parents, the little boy replied, "You could always spend Christmas with me and my mommy. I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"No, it's alright. I like the quietness. It's calming, "as she laughed it off.

"C, Close your eyes  for me please." 

"Why?"

"Just do it."

As the girl close her eyes, the boy placed a box on top of her hands. 

Opening her eyes, she asked, "What's this?"

"Your Christmas present."

Unwrapping her present, inside was a little bracelet that was made out of  a thread and a little jewel hanging off of it.

"Stef! You shouldn't have..."

"Is it pretty? Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful, thank you!" she said as she threw her arms around the boy, engulfing him in a hug.

"Promise you'll stay with me forever?"

"Pinky promise!"

That was the first Christmas present she has received in years, but what she didn't know about the bracelet was that, that little boy broke a ring of his mother's in order to add a gem onto the piece of thread.

That gem, was a real diamond. 

The bracelet she still kept, but never knew where it came from. A bracelet she stopped wearing years ago. 

It had been twenty years since they last seen each other, and in those twenty years, Calla had completely forgot about him. 

She had completely forgotten about him because when he left her, the pain she had was unbearable. A pain that only went away, when she forgot about it. 

Running up the stairs to his office, Calla barged in without knocking. 

She was furious. 

Barging in, it had seemed that Stefano was in a meeting with a couple of his men. 

         "Meeting dismissed."

After everyone had left the room, Stefano asked, "What's wrong?"

Slapping the wallet down on his desk, looking dead into his eyes.

         "Oh thanks, where did you find it?"

"Your wallet was on the floor so I picked it up and you want to know what's funny?" as she placed the picture on his desk, "a picture of me and a little boy when I was younger fell out of the wallet."

"Let me explain Calla."

"You knew it was me all along and you didn't even bother telling me."

"I didn't know-"

Cutting him off, "You broke our fucking promise to each other. You fucking asshole!" 

"Calla, baby stop. Let me explain."

Calla's heart was racing, she was angry, hurt, happy, all the emotions that were possible. 

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want this world for you. It was better off that you didn't remember what happened between the two of us."

"Well too late now. You made a promise to me. You said you would never leave me, but you did!" she screamed as tears were threatening to fall.

Looking defeated, "I'm sorry Mi amore."

Before he could walk closer to her, his phone rang, "Hello?"

"Right, okay. Thank you."

Ending the call, "I'm sorry Calla, but I have to go. I'll see you when I get back."

As he left the room after trying to Calla a peck on the cheek, she whispered to herself, "Unlike you, I keep my promises."  

Thanks for reading! :)

-CC