: 23 :

This was all a mess, this was never supposed to happen.

They were supposed to have more time.

Althaia shouldn't have died and if Stefano never got on the plane, he would've had more time to spend with Althaia.

Stella, Stefano, Tyler, and Marcus, all of them would've had more time. They all would've if they weren't busy with stuff to do with her.

Everyone was crying, even the strongest ones were, and all Calla could've thought about was how everything led back to her.

Calla had to get out of the room as soon as possible.

It made her sick to her stomach and her heart felt too heavy like something was compressing her chest.

She made it to the women's bathroom and the moment she entered, she slammed the door shut.

Clenching her heart, she slid down against the wall, and she thought tears were going to leave her eyes, but no tears left.

There wasn't even tears in her eyes in the first place.

She had just lost someone so close to her, so why wasn't she crying?

She hated crying because it made her feel miserable, but now, she's trying to cry.

Tyler went looking for Calla when he had noticed that she had left the room. He understood it was hard for her and he knew exactly how she felt.

Out of all the places he checked, he only had one place left, the bathroom.

Opening the door, he saw Calla sitting on the ground with her knees to her chest and her head against the wall.

"Cal-"

"I can't cry..."

"What?"

"I can't cry," letting out small chuckles.

"Calla...you can, no one is going to judge you. Just let it all out."

Shaking her head, "You don't get it, I can't even if I wanted to."

"What do you mean? Calla, you're confusing me."

Turning on her phone, "I spent the last thirty minutes trying to cry and yet no tears have left my eyes. Tyler, even Marcus cried," looking up to face him, her face was written with concern, "why am I not crying?"

"The worse case scenario, you didn't care for Althaia. That's why you aren't crying, but we all know that's not true. Best scenario, you're in shock."

"I'm not in shock Tyler. I'm sad, I feel the sadness. I have the feeling where I have to cry, but no matter how hard I try, nothing comes out."

"Do you want me to book you an appointment with a therapist?"

"I'm not sure if that will help, but everything needs to be settled first. There's too much going on for me to take a day off."

"You need a break Calla," grabbing her arm before she opened the door.

Leaving the restroom, "I had a break for twenty years of my life. I think that's long enough to last me a life time of work."

She had always thought she knew the feeling of being 'empty' but only now did she realize the true feeling of emptiness.

+++++++++

Heading back to Althaia's room, Stefano was in the exact position Calla last saw him in.

Situating herself in a seat, she brought Stella onto her lap, and held her tightly. Her nonna had always held her when things got rough. It was reassurance that everything was going to be fine. Calla had hoped that by doing this, Stella would feel safer.