10 | Am I Ugly?

My eyes flutter open as the warmth of the sunlight hugs me. But the peace doesn't last long, because I'm not in my room. I'm not even in my house. I'm not even in the room that was given to me in Adrian's mansion.

"Rise and shine, princess," I hear a female voice yell. Without a second's thought, I scramble onto my feet, as I watch Anna walk out of the bathroom, with her hair dripping wet. "It's noon."

Noon! That's so late. How did I even manage to fall asleep? I rarely fall asleep.

The last thing I remember is breaking down in front of Adrian in the car, while he just stared at me, awkwardly shifting in the driver seat. Last night, I wasn't exactly composed. I always manage to keep in my tears in front of people, but yesterday, I simply couldn't.

"Why am I not in my room?"

She snorts for a second. "I carried you in. Damn girl, you are lighter than a feather, it was easy for me. And everyone knows I can't even do one push up."

"Why didn't you put me in my room?"

"You locked it from outside, and escaped from the balcony."

My face heats up. "Oh..."

"I don't blame you though. You can't really get some good company in this place. Adrian's always doing his own things, and acting all tough. Blake doesn't exactly live here, but you know he crashes here at least three times a week since they're best friends. And me? Blake's my boyfriend, so of course I have to spend time with him, however annoying he may be," She rambles on.

"That's nice," I say, because quite frankly, I don't know what to say. I've never really had friends before. Not even in school. That reminds me, school starts tomorrow. So far it was spring break. Not exactly what I had in mind. I was expecting more torture from my dad, and more days at work, so I can save up enough for my own apartment and college, which is only a few months away. And when I finally turn eighteen in July, I will move out. I wouldn't be a burden to my dad anymore. I would be independent.

But life had its own plans. And they certainly weren't pleasant.

"Join us for lunch?" Anna offers. "You're probably gonna say no, but I was just hoping you'd say yes."

I feel bad now. I know I always say no, but that was because I didn't want to spend time with Adrian. I don't like that he smokes, and I hate that he drinks too. Especially since he's underage.

And Blake too. He was drunk last night... but he helped me. So that should make things different, and it does. I don't want to call him a friend or anything, but he's just... nice.

"Um... Bailey?" Anna calls. "You coming? You kind of went blank for a second."

"Oh... um, yeah sure," I nod, and she nearly jumps into the air.

"We're going out to eat, since none of us can really cook. Last time Adrian tried to make some classy french food," She shudders. "Let's just say, he won't be cooking for a while."

I smile at her joke. "Get ready, we leave in two minutes. Blake got your door open."

"Okay," I leave the room, and look around trying to remember where the room I slept in was. It was somewhere around here... it must be somewhere around here.

"You are one handsome devil, Blake." I hear Blake's voice sound through the door. "Totally ripped. You... my man deserve to be a model."

Is he talking to himself? I shake away his voice, and attempt to find my room. But all the doors look the same. Tall, shiny, and a complete flex. I try the door next to Blake's room, but accidentally walk into a nearly naked Adrian. The only thing separating my eyes from a part of him that I never want to see, are his boxers.

"HOLY FUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?" He asks, in shock, while letting out a high pitched scream.

"I.. I.. I g-got lost," I stutter, as I quickly dash out of there. I can feel my face heating up, as I fumble through a few more rooms, which thankfully have no one in them, until I finally find my room.

Adrian

I have to admit, that reaction from me was a little extra. Very extra. I mean look at the girl, she didn't even give your current state a second glance.

Am I that ugly?

I smell fine. I take a look at myself in the mirror. I look fine... except the last minute boxers I picked up. They have flowers on them. All my others were in the wash. You see, I do laundry very rarely, and I had to do it last night or else I wouldn't have anything to wear. Blake is very protective of his clothing and won't lend any to me.

Or Bailey just has a jumpy nature. I think I'll go with the second option. The girl can barely keep her hands still, no wonder she ran away, but it's not like I'm going to hurt her.

It's not that I like her in any way, it's just, well, right now it seems like she's under my protection, and there's no way I'd violate that. Especially after last night, when I saw how hurt and broken she was. If I weren't a gang leader, and letting her go wouldn't potentially uncover all of my illegal activities, then I would let her go in a heartbeat.

But that's not the case.

I quickly pull into a Polo T-shirt, and a pair of blue jeans, and Nike hi-tops. If I go late, then they'll leave without me, and I'll be stuck eating my own pancakes. And I hate eating those things. It looks like something bad kids would get for Christmas.

When I pass by Bailey's door, I can't help but glance into her room. She's nowhere to be seen, so I'm guessing she's already ready and out the door.

I quickly head down the stairs, where Anna is impatiently tapping her foot, and pacing around.

"Have you ever heard of world hunger?" She asks me as soon as she sees me.

"What?"

"The more time you waste in your room, the more kids that die of hunger," She tells me, in a weirdly authoritative way.

"Uh..."

"Anyway, hurry up, we're all starving."

"Oh, okay," I quickly unlock the car, and Blake sits next to me in the passenger seat, while Anna sits in the back. Next to Bailey, who looks extremely queasy, and nervous. "You scared?" I try to ask her directly, but the question came out completely wrong and I earn weird looks from Anna and Blake.

"No," She answers, quickly, and hides her face behind her long blonde locks. I'm not exactly the best at making conversation, as you can see.

"Less talking, more driving," Anna ushers, like a coach for some sort of sports team.

"Yes! Let's eat!" Blake exclaims.

I start the car, and the engine whirrs into life.

"Let's go."

----------

vote, comment, follow

also, don't die from Adrian's hotness, we need you!

*holds you in my hands* don't go into the light! DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

you: wtf...