35 | The Shopping Bag Monster

Bailey

I'm making him cake. It's supposed to be a surprise, since the past six months I've known him, he's been begging me for cake. But Bailey's always bailed out. That's funny.

So now, I'm making full use of the kitchen, where I have drawn 'Caution' tape all around it so no one comes in to mess this up. Adrian went out because I gave him an entire list of unnecessary things that are found at different stores, so he'll be out for a while.

"Bailey, you can't just lock me out of the kitchen!" Blake yells.

"Yes I can."

"No you can't."

"Yes I can."

"But... brownies!"

"Blake, shut up. Adrian has brownies in his bedroom, go get those."

"But- Just one?"

I toss a brownie at him and he catches it with his mouth. He claps his hands like a seal and then points to his mouth. I chuckle and then toss more at him which he catches with ease.

I throw the last one at him as well, which falters too high, and he leaps onto the couch, catches it with his mouth, and then lands back on his feet.

Then he curses under his breath as he sits down and rubs his knee. You have the admit, the guy's got skills. Even with that thing supporting his leg.

Right now, I'm mixing the batter. It's not the cake I'm worried about. I want the frosting to be flawless. Maybe rainbows? Or blue... Or pink?

Red? Black? A spider? I hear the oven ding, meaning that the cake is baked. I'll let it cool down before I start frosting it.

Until then, I need to figure out how I'll frost it.

—————

I hold the cake in my hand, waiting for Adrian to walk through the door any second now. He'll be here, and when he is, he'll be so ecstatic to eat this. I hear the door click open, and a shopping bag monster walks in.

"Ew!" I yell, throwing my slipper at it. It tumbles backwards, dropping all the bags. "Adrian!" I exclaim. "The shopping bag monster had eaten you!"

"Don't play dumb," He groans. "You know you wanted to throw that slipper at me."

"I don't know. Did I?" I smile smugly.

"What's that in your hand?" He asks, standing back up on his feet. His eyes lighten up, when he sees the cake. "You made cake?"

He observes the design. I designed his hand, all tattoos included, then I designed mine, copying the scar exactly. Our hands are touching. I made the background pink. The frosting and cake was strawberry.

If you're wondering how I made the cake so detailed... It's a pretty big cake.

Adrian takes the cake out of my hands, places it on the coffee table, and then kisses me. "You're the best girlfriend someone could ever ask for."

"Oh, pfft. You just want a bigger portion of the cake,"

"What gave it away?"

I laugh, and kiss him back. "You're terrible."

"I smell cake!" Anna's voice echoes through the corridor. "I want it." Blake yells something incoherently. "Blake as well."

"Relax, the cake is for all of us," I assure them, as I take a picture of it, before cutting it. "We only eat half of it today."

"But- it's a cake!" Blake whines, gesturing to the cake.

"You just downed ten brownies," I point out. "We need to get you checked for diabetes." '

"Pish posh," He states, flipping his hand around like a fancy lady. "You just want all the cake to yourself." Then he lunges for the cake. But Anna grabs his hoodie and pulls him backwards, making him land on his ass.

Adrian blocks the cake. "But it was meant for me!"

"Shut up!" She hisses, and then pushes him aside. I take the cake in my hands, and make a run for it. Anna, Blake, and Adrian are now chasing me. I start running faster, and then make my way towards Adrian's backyard beach. They'll never catch me here.

I spoke too soon.

Anna snatches the cake from me, and now she's making the run for it. Adrian catches up to me and then he overtakes me. "See you when I finish the entire cake!"

"Adrian-" I roll my eyes, and give up on the cake. Anna, Adrian and Blak- Wait where is Blake? I sigh, and head back into the mansion to look for him. I notice him resting on the couch, eating brownies.

"Why'd you stop?"

"Strawberry ain't my thing," He shrugs. He lifts a brownie at me. "This is what I live for."

"I remember you would literally compete with Adrian for the last strawberry but never eat it. And now you're not competing for the most amazing masterpiece in all of existence?"

"You're not being very humble."

"Forget that. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," He mutters. "I'm fine."

"Blake, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"It was my fault that day, and Adrian had to leave you and then help me. I felt so bad, I didn't know," My eyes start to tear up. "You're like a best friend to me, and now I've hurt you beyond measure... and..." Great, now I'm crying.

Blake gets off the couch and walks towards me, wiping a tear from my eye. "Adrian would kill me if he saw me this close to you, but," He hugs me. More like a bear hug. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault. Even with Adrian, someone would have gotten hurt."

"So don't blame yourself for it, or I'll set Anna lose on you."

I laugh as I pull myself free from Blake's bear hug. "Does your... um... leg hurt? Is that why you stopped?"

"Maybe. Or also because of that," He points out the window and I see Anna toss half of my precious cake on Adrian, and then Adrian retaliate by tossing the other half at her. Then Adrian starts eating the cake off his body, while Anna starts laughing, clutching her stomach as she doubles over with laughter.

I smile to myself.

This is my life from now on. No more cuts and bruises. No more of my drunk father. No more men barging into my house, and hurting me.

Just us.

And this was worth all the wait. 

——————-

vote, comment, follow!

erm- okay, so I know y'all haven't known Blake and Anna much, since the story was centered around Bailey. But like I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. And Adrian, and Anna, and Bailey!!!!

FLADSJF;LADSFK BAILEY FINALLY MADE THE CAKE

And OMG WE'RE NEARING THE END OF THE BOOK WHAAAAAATTTTTT! I have one more chapter (epilogue) next. SOOOOO STAY TUNED! 

and then I'll write Bonus Chapters as well, so you can get to know Anna and Blake more. :) LOVE U LOVE U LOVE U LOVE U LOVE U!