(AOT)💔Jean x Reader

Requested by xMoqax

"Come on Y/n, I said I'm sorry," Jean tried to apologize.

"You really can't read the atmosphere can you," Y/n sighed.

"That guy was asking for it," Jean sighed as Y/n placed an Ice pack on his bruised left eye.

"You need to learn when to keep your mouth shut," Y/n said as she stood up to leave.

"That guy thought I didn't have what it takes to get into the Military police,"  Jean growled.

"I'm sure you have what it takes...As long as you keep your mouth shut," Y/n smirked.

"Shut up," Jean whined.

"Besides why would you want to go anyways?" Y/n asked as she continued to rack the ground.

"I don't want to plow the fields for the rest of my life, you know that," Jean sighed as he picked up his rack.

"Since dippers, you wanted the finer life. So joining the military police is your way out huh," Y/n said as she turned her head slightly.

"It's would be better than this, Pus there's going to be another draft so it's not like we have a choice," Jean said as he began to rack the field beside her.

"so there are still too many mouths to feed. That explains the rationing lately," Y/n frowned.

Jean's grip tightened as anger flowed through him, how much the situation sucked. He dropped his rack and turned to his childhood friend and grabbed her hand. 

"Come with me," Jean said hopefully.

"W-What?!" Y/n asked in shock at the sudden act.

"Just follow my lead and I can get us into the military Police, far away from the Titan's and these fields," Jean promised.

Y/n just started not knowing what to say. She didn't want to fight the titans, but she didn't want to stay in the fields by herself, so with a sigh.

''Fine, If follow your crazy plan. But I'm going to laugh if the military police aren't everything you imagined," Y/n chuckled as she adjusted her F/c ascot Scarf.

As with that, the two friends were shipped off to the training camp. It was A crazy ride, as Jean did his best to help her through the written tests and ODM gear. While Y/n watched as Jean made new friends, and laughed at him every time he got rejected by Mikasa. They stayed by each other's side through thick and thin.

Sadly when graduation came, Y/n didn't make the top 10. She sadly fell short just behind Krista Lenz. Jean's heart shattered as he stood in the front of his class, he couldn't help his friend to the top ten and know she was on her way to death row.

"How's the party Jean," Y/n smiled as she sat next to her friend.

'How could you be smiling, I failed to get you into the top 10. Know your off to die by the hands of titans," He said as his eyes watered.

"Who said I'm going to die by Titans, You never know maybe I'll survive all this," Y/n smiled sadly, not truly believing her own words.

"I'm so sorry," Jean said as rested his forehead on the table.

Y/n frowned slightly as she lowly tied her ascot around Jean's arm.

"I'm sorry I can't join you jean," Y/n frowned as she side hugged her friend.

"But least, I'll die for a good cause," Y/n added as she left Jean to his thoughts.

Sadly that will be the last thing she'll ever say to him.

-------------

(4 months later)

As jean and a few others stood before Ewrin, he held Y/n's ascot tightly. His friend's scarf was wrapped around his neck, in remembrance of her. She died at the hands of the colossal titan at wall rose. Jean was devastated that day and held the only piece left of her close to him.

"Welcome to the survey corps," Ewrin welcomed.

'I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'll fight the good fight Y/n. Just like you did,' Jean said to himself.