(Twisted wonderland) Azul x Mermaid!Reader

A long time ago under the sea, the mermaid was wandering the great shipwreck zones. The sunken ship was littered all over the ground, all with some sort of hidden treasure. A young h/c haired mermaid about the age of 6, she had many frilly fins and a jellyfish cap that floated over her head. 

She wondered the grounds as she picked any interesting looking items and plants

She wondered the grounds as she picked any interesting looking items and plants. As she wondered the dark are of the ocean she felt something stalking her. She turned to see a large scared up shark eyeing her down as it swam circles around the mermaid. 

Y/n's body tensed as she readied herself, and quickly dashed away. The shark quickly gave chase to its prey. Y/n swam with all her might as she made her way back to the kingdom. As she ran she saw a small opening in the side of a rock, just big enough for her to fit into. 

Without hesitation, she dove into the hole. She got inside up instead of hitting a solid was, she felt something squishy.

"OUCH!" Groaned a voice. "Who ARE YO-"

"SHHH!" Y/n said as she covers the person's mouth.

They sat in the dark for a while till they noticed a dark shadow covered the hole, as an eye started in the hole. Suddenly Y/n felt a pair of arms wrap around her as someone started to tremble. It felt like an eternity, but eventually, the preditor left. The two sat in the darkness for a good while till Y/n finally decided to poke her head out of the hole to check to see if it was safe. The coast was clear as Y/n wiggled her way out of the hole.

"Sorry for startling you like I did," Y/n apologized.

"It's...Fine," Said a shy voice.

"I'm y/n by the way. Thank you for letting me hide with you," Y/n smiled.

"Kay. I'm Azul," The voice said shyly.

"Are you gonna come out?" Y/n asked.

"N-no!" The voice stuttered.

"Eh, why not?" Y/n asked again.

"Cause you make fun of me," The voice said, almost in a sob.

"Why would I do that?" Y/n asked as she tilted her head.

"Cause everyone else does," The voice said with a small shout.

"Well... I'm not everyone else, no one likes me either. We can be outcasts together," Y/n said with a smile.

the voice sighed as an 8 legged figure crawled out of the hole, It was an Octopus boy. He looked sad as he came into the light and seemed to wait for some awful reaction. Y/n stared with an unreadable expression, when suddenly.