12 -Toph x Watertribe!Reader

Eek sorry it's been awhile, school was absolute hell and I had no time or inspiration
Anyway it's 2am and I'm tired but I really wanna get this out so please let there be no mistakes

Prompt: A Toph x Reader with extra fluff on the side. Katara decides to do girls sleepover and makes Toph come, Suki brings the kyoshi warriors and Y/n is Kataras bestfriend from the water tribe. You can change it if you want but just make it fluffy. By broppyfanone

_____

We all sat around a campfire on Kyoshi Island. Katara sat next to me, Suki and the Kyoshi warriors across, and Toph on the other side of me. I fiddled with a loose string on the inside of my sleeve.

"So," Suki began, "I brought most of the Kyoshi warriors." They all awkwardly waved.

"I didn't bring anyone," Toph said.

"I brought Y/n, my best friend from our tribe." I smiled.

"Wait but Sokka said there weren't any older kids left at the southern water tribe," Suki said

"Yeah well Sokka never stepped near a lady giving birth before either."

I groaned. "Oh God don't mention babies. I had do deliver 12 two days ago alone." One of the warriors choked on their tea. Katara laughed. "I'm lucky I even got free time."

"12?" Suki asked, surprised.

I nodded. "I don't know how they do it. Guys are gross."

"I think guys are cute. Especially Aang."

"Yeah we knew you would, dork." We laughed.

"Guys and dating aside, I'm glad you could be here," Katara said. She handed me a cup of tea. I sipped it as we sat and talked for awhile.

Katara yawned. "Wow it's already dark, that went by fast."

I looked behind us to see the sun just barely set behind the mountain in the distance. A chill filled the air as we were plunged into darkness, excluding the campfire in front of us.

Katara stood up, setting her cup down on the tray. "I'm gonna turn in for the night." I watched her as she walked away into a tent.

Suki and the Kyoshi warriors all said something in agreement, and followed her into their own tents.

"You know I feel the way you look at her," Toph said. "Katara I mean."

"Oh?"

"Do you like her or something?" She gave me a smirk.

I laughed. "Ha, no. Not gonna lie when I first was figuring everything out, yeah for a little bit." I sighed. "But she's straight."

There was a second of silence before either one of use spoke again. "What about you?" I asked. She seemed surprised at the question. "You got any special people in your life?"

Toph shook her head. "Just silly crushes I had when I was 12. Now that the wars over and my birthday passed, dating anyone of my friends seems," she faked a gagging gesture, "weird."

"I get that, thinking of me and Katara dating is.... Blegh, she's like a sister now."

We laughed. I could feel a warm blush on my cheeks, almost unnoticeable from the fire infront of us, which was now starting to dim. I grabbed a stick, poking it around.

"So are you a bender too?" Toph asked.

"Nah, Katara was one of the only one in our tribe... that's left... Although a lot more kids are getting it now." I sighed and poked the ground. "Sucks though, I wanna be able to move water around with my mind."

Toph hummed, and opened her mouth to speak. She shivered first, stopping her from saying whatever she was going to.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you cold."

"What? No."

I laughed, and grabbed my coat. "Here," I said, handing it to her. Toph reluctantly took it.

"Thanks." She wrapped it around her shoulders, snuggling into it. "It's soft."

"Only the finest for you," I replied, giggling.

A faint blush appeared on her cheeks. Toph scooted closer to me. I felt my heart skip a beat as her arm brushed against mine.

We continued talking through the night, until the fire was nothing more than dying embers, and we fell asleep lying under the stars.