22 - She!Toph x She!Reader

I love the "She" stuff

Prompt: can you please do a oneshot of The "She" fan fiction where it shows tophs side like stuff the reader did that toph kinda you know- made her feel stuff but we didn't know. It could be events that you wrote or didn't or like haha...both? By Eleven_xo

_____
Ba sing se
"Because I love you!" She yelled. I stopped, shocked. She wasn't lying... She.....she loved me?

"Y/n-"

"Just... Just go, please."

I gritted my teeth and walked over to the door. "Sokka, Aang, and I will be leaving... You can ask Katara more about it later." I slammed the door shut behind me.

A tear fell down my cheek. I stood there, holding the handle, wanting to go back in there. Instead I walked away.

When she comes back

I stood up, casing whoever just appeared a cage of rock. Everyone else jumped up, then faltered.

"Y/n?" I let the rock fall away, crumbling into the ground. I can't believe it, she really was alive.

Y/n stood up. "Yeah, it's me."  We all hugged her.

"We were so sure you were dead, where were you; and where did you get those clothes?"

"I was being held in a prison at the capital. With the help of a friend, I managed to use my firebending to escape. And in the process, grabbed these clothes that were hanging up."

"Well, it's good to have you back." I punched her arm and walked away. It was more than good, it was the best thing ever. I kept trying to pressure everyone into going back for her, but Katara was so sure she didn't make it.

Later that night I woke up to her pacing. "You're fine Y/n," she whispered.

"Here we are again," I said, startling her. She jumped back into a tree.

"Ow..."

"Sorry." I walked closer to her. "What are you doing awake anyway?"

"I just... Couldn't sleep." That was pretty obvious, her heart beat alone could've woken me up.

"And why not?"

"Because," she stopped, "if I do, if I stop moving and lie down or do anything else," her pacing continued, "I get this feeling."

Her heartbeat quickened. "Feeling?"

"Like hands crawling all over me."

I sat down on the ground. "Why would you feel that?"

"It's like an echo memory or something. I've experienced it so much that... it's something my mind automatically creates as a feeling. Especially after nightmares. It happened the first time my pacing woke you up... and every other nightmare I had after that." She sighed and tried sitting down on the ground. "You know believe it or not, getting sold to the Fire Nation wasn't the worst thing that happened. My own mother sold me, imagine that, selling your child. And at first I thought I was okay with it, that it was something I had come to terms with.

"Well that was a complete lie, apparently. Seriously, what kind of mother sells your own child! ...The people she sold me to would use my body, and sell it. And they could do anything they want but god forbid I try and go against it! That was almost as bad as what the people would do. Oh god. And then the Fire Nation soldier came, and upon hearing that I couldn't bend bought me. He was practically a saint right then and there. Up until the experimenting came. And it was all just so horrible-"

I grabbed her arm and pulled her down to the ground, interrupting her rant. I honestly couldn't bear to listen to it anymore. I reached up to where I thought her face was and wiped away her tears. She sobbed, hugging me and burying her face into my shoulder.

I sat there, humming a tune my mother would whenever I was sad. It seemed... fitting. She pulled away, I could feel my heart drop. "We should get back..." I said.

We stood up and began walking back to camp. "Um Toph... Look about what I said at Ba Sing Se, before all of this happened."

I turned and faced her. I hope. "Did you mean it?"

"Huh?"

"When you said you loved me, did you mean it?" I needed to know.

"Uh, y-yea-" I grabbed her face and pulled her into a kiss.

That one time she actually died

We got off the airship and ran over to everyone. I faltered, feeling Y/n lying on the ground.

I ran over to her and Katara, grabbing onto Y/n's arm. "No no no no no, what happened?!"

"Azula's lightning struck her heart," she said grimly.

"How could you let this happen! Do something!"

"I'm doing all I can, nothing's helping."

I began shaking her, trying to get her to wake up. She couldn't leave me. She promised. "She's not breathing, I can't feel a heartbeat either! Katara you have to do something!"

"There's nothing left to do..."

I felt a tear fall down my cheek, and land on her arm. Slowly I grabbed her hand, entangling it with mine. "Come on Y/n. You said you would come back to me."

She couldn't be gone.

Suddenly she squeezed my hand. I could feel her heart slowly start to beat again. What felt like fire itself suddenly exploded out of her chest. She started breathing again.

"You're okay! You came back to me."

"Of course I did, I could never leave you."

A happy one

"Hey Toph." Y/n walked over to me, a hint of 'I need a favor' in her voice.

"What?"

"So I made a dress and I kind of was wondering if you could maybe... Bend some metal into it and make it look all fancy?" She's asking a blind girl to 'make something look fancy'? "Please?"

I sighed and held my hand out. "Let me see the dress." She cheered and set a bundle of fabric in it.

It took awhile but eventually I finished the dress. "Here," I said handing it back to her. She took it and tried it on. "Although I don't know why you'd want a dress I can bend."

"That's the thing Toph, you would never." She turned, probably looking in the mirror.

I grinned. "You're right, I would never." I used my Metalbending to spin her around and face me, planting a kiss on her cheek.