18 - Reg!Toph x Reader

Ive been wanting to do this one so bad but I had to finish the others first

Prompt: Toph x reader where they have to share a bed and Toph gets all macho and rule like? Like she makes a pillow barrier in between them and everything and forces her to stay on her side, but once they go to sleep, the reader finds Toph cuddled up to them and sees that she crossed the barrier? And like in the morning when they wake up, she teases Toph about it? By creepyskies

_____
The small ramshackle room was just about everything you expected it to be. Broken, rundown, and only having one bed. Great.

Neither of us really cared about the bed thing. It's been so long since we actually slept on something soft that we didn't care if we shared it. Or at least I didn't care.

"First rule, don't cross the line." I looked to see the beds blanket and pillows stuffed down the middle. It was probably for the best considering the state of this room, who knows what touched them. "And that means every part."

I raised an eyebrow, but a bed was a bed. Toph laid down on her side, and I laid down on mine. And after some very awkward silence and shuffling around to get comfortable, (turns out sleeping on the ground for a couple years makes beds not that great anymore) we eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes from the single window positioned so perfectly. I stretched my arms and yawned. Toph shifted beside me and I suddenly noticed her arm across my stomach. "So much for the wall. Hey sleepy." I grinned as she woke up.

She yawned, laying there for a second. Suddenly she sat up, pushing herself back onto 'her' side of the bed. "This never happened."

I laughed. "You're the one that crossed the line."