A GEEK'S QUARANTINE / Henry Cavill x Reader

You and Henry have been dating for some time now. You were working abroad when all the pandemic craziness started, so you decided it was for the best to spend the first two weeks back in the country in a hotel just in case. And I must say those were the longest weeks ever, for the both of you. Of course you were always texting, calling or FaceTiming each other, but nothing came close to the real thing.

Today, you were finally free to go home, and you thought it would be a good idea to surprise him with some breakfast. So you went to his favorite place to get two big cups of coffee and some pastries to eat.

Once in front of the door, you decided to ring the bell instead of just using your key to add a little more of the surprise factor. First ring, nobody answered. Second ring, again nothing. You knew there wasn’t anywhere else he could be at, so why wasn’t he answering the door? Third time is the charm you thought and closing your eyes you rang again.

-Coming!- You heard from a distance; the stairs you thought. The sound of his voice alone made the butterflies in you stomach go crazy. A couple seconds later you hear the locks opening, you heart anxious to get out of your chest.

-Good morning…- He sleepily said, but stopped as soon as his eyes met yours. – Am I still asleep? -He asked.

- I don’t think you are…-You said biting your lip. – Is this how you welcome me now? No kiss or anyth...- You couldn’t finish the sentence as his lips crushed into yours in a deep kiss that showed just how much he had missed you.

-God, I missed you so much. – He said leading you inside while still holding you in his arms. -Why didn’t you call me? I could have picked you up…

- And miss the opportunity to surprise you? And that kiss? No way. -You said placing the stuff you had brought in the table. – I brought you some coffee, you look beat up. Were up all night playing video games again? – You asked handing him one of the cups.

- Not this time. -He answered, hiding his smile behind the cup.

- I think I know you well enough to know that you’re lying.- You pointed out giving him a look.

-I wasn’t. I promise.- He said looking straight into your eyes.

You were about to say something when an object on the table called you attention. Between some brushes and paint bottles, was a tiny figure; Standing in all it’s mini glory. But that was not exactly what called you attention. You had seen him paint Warhammer 40000 figures thousands of times before, it always seemed to calm him down. What called you attention was how familiar it looked. Too familiar, almost as if…

-What is this?- You said carefully holding the miniature with two fingers.

- Well this is awkward. – He said putting his cup down, as his face turned a crimson red.

- Is this supposed to be me?- You asked, confusion clear on your face.

-Well… I spent some time painting other figures while you were away, so I thought I might as well have a mini-you there too. You know, for motivation. – He said

- Is this what had you up all night?- You asked laughing, making him relax a little at the sound of it. You knew a Warhammer player’s miniatures were a mayor point of pride, and thought it was cute that he thought of a way to have some representation of you in the game. -You are a geek, you know that right? -You sad. -I think the boobs might be a little bigger there, but I guess I can live with that… -You added putting the figure down to kiss him. Man, you had really missed him and his geeky ass.