Chapter 4

Once the suitcases were placed atop the bed in my new room, we all sat at the large dining table. I gave Tenten my signed contract, which she delightfully snatched with a broad grin before standing before us.

"So you guys have obviously met already. This is Sasuke, and this is Gaara, the boys of Prestige. Sasuke's a singer, and Gaara's a rapper."

I glanced over at the dark-haired "Sasuke".

He was resting his chin on his hand with a bored expression on his face like he couldn't care less about any of this, but he had to have some kind of drive; otherwise, he wouldn't be here. He definitely rubbed me the wrong way during our initial meeting, but maybe if I keep things thoroughly professional, everything will work out.

I glanced back at Sakura to see her staring at me with a glare, which I met with a slightly confused look before looking over at Gaara, who was staring up at Tenten as she described the off-stage style that each of us would have with an attentive look. At least one of us was paying attention.

I quickly returned to doing the same.

She was saying that Sasuke would dress in mature, high-end clothes. Gaara will dress in "b-boy" style clothes which are generally more loose and easy to move in. Sakura would dress in sexy, girly, and colorful clothes. Finally, I'll be dressing in soft, very feminine clothes. Relief flooded over me. The style she described was similar to what I usually wear anyway.

After Tenten's fashion explanation, Neji interrupted our meeting to say his goodbyes. The two other boys used his interruption to leave so they could attend a dance lesson, leaving me alone with my mentor and female bandmate.

Tenten glanced at Sakura and me awkwardly for a moment before dramatically throwing her hands out from her sides, "What's the deal with you two?"

I gave her a look that said I didn't know either.

Sakura, however, seemed to finally give up. She sighed loudly before standing from the table and crossing her arms, "We've met before!"

Tenten and I both looked at the girl in surprise. The brunette pop star shot to her feet with a hopeful smile, "Are you already friends?"

Sakura glanced down at me, but her glare was replaced with a regretful frown, "No. We were bullied by the same person in school."

All the pieces came together when she ran a shaky, nervous hand through her shoulder-length pink hair. She's the girl whose hair Karin and Suigetsu chopped off!

I shot to my feet in shock, "Karin!"

Sakura nodded, her face red, indicating she was trying not to cry.

Tenten's phone started ringing, but the girl silenced it and waited for Sakura and me to explain.

Sakura's voice cracked as she filled Tenten in, "There's a girl named Karin at the school we both went to last year that would bully everyone with her boyfriend. They held me down and-" her voice trailed off, and a few stray tears fell down her cheeks, causing her to turn her back to us and wipe shamefully at them.

I continued for her, remembering the day clearly, "They c-cut her h-hair in the gym. She had to shave her head."

I thought about how Sakura had been standoffish all day and turned my gaze down to the table before confronting her, "Why've you been avoiding m-me if you know I'm not like her?"

Sakura turned slowly back to face us, Tenten observing us in silence as our conversation continued, "I know you come from the Hyuga family. Everyone knows who you are. Maybe you're a different person outside of school and would treat me the same as Karin did because no one here would stop you."