Part 1

Y/n's POV

"Y/N! COME DOWN HERE" I heard my mom yell from downstairs. I got up from my bed and made my way downstairs. Just as I entered the living room, I knew something was wrong. 

"Me and your mom needs to talk to you" my dad mumbled as he pointed towards the couch, telling me to sit down.

Just as I had sat down on the couch my dads phone rang. He picked up and put his phone against his ear. "Thank you, bye" he ended the call and sat back down. "What did you guys wanna talk about?" I asked curious as I looked from my dad to my mom.

As my eyes met my moms she looked away, refusing eye contact with me. Something was wrong. "Y/n" my dad started. He looked at my mom and back at me. "You're getting married".

"WHAT!?" I got up from the couch, and accidently knocked over a glass of water that was on the table. The glass fell to the ground and shattered. 

"This is some sick prank. U guys are kidding right? Please tell me u are kidding" I said on the verge of tears. None of them answered and I understood that it was true. I was getting married to a stranger.

"It's my best friend's son, he's-". "I DON'T CARE!" I cut him off. I looked at my mom trying to make her understand that I didn't want this. 

"Mom please. Don't do this. I don't want to. I want to marry someone I love. You always told me to follow my heart. This is not what my heart wants mom. Please" I cried.

"I don't want to do this, but it's the only way to keep you safe" she whispered as a few tears escaped her eyes. "How is this keeping me safe!" I sobbed. "That doesn't matter! You're going to marry him, everything is planned out. You're getting married in a week!" my dad said mad.

"I DON'T WANT TO!" I yelled as tears streamed down my cheeks. "You have to y/n! He's the only one who can keep you safe" My dad replied calmly. I flopped down on the couch and buried my head into a pillow, crying my heart out.

"Baby", My mom mumbled as she sat down beside me and stroke my back. "I don't want to" I sobbed as I let go of the pillow and buried my head into her neck. 

"I can't do relationships after everything that happened two years ago. It's going to remind me of him. It's gonna bring back memories of him. Its gonna rip open all the wounds that have healed these past two years. I can't do this mom" I cried.

"Shh, everything's going to be alright" she comforted me as she brushed my hair away from my face. "Everything's going to be alright" she repeated. 

A.N
Im so excited for this story!
Should i do anything different?
Word count: 494