Part Two

Chosen Song For This Part: ¿ (feat Halsey) - Bring Me The Horizon

Throughout the night, my body temperature struggled. 

I tossed and turned for what felt like hours on end. The temperatures soaring through me just would not settle. I must've tossed and turned so much that night that even my bed covers were fed up with it. I woke up to find them on the floor. 

Lifting myself up into a sitting position really felt as if I were buried beneath a dozen bricks, but I managed to pull what was left of my strength together. 

Someone would think I had gone swimming in the middle of the night, or had taken an early a.m shower and went back to bed. But this wasn't the case. Ever since last night, my body burned. Sometimes it felt as if I were ignited and sometimes it didn't. I placed my hands against my head, only to feel that my forehead felt cool, but soaked with my own sweat. 

When lowering my arms, I looked over and ironically, I had a thermometer within my room, as I reached over to pick it up, my body felt as if it had been put in slow motion, with struggle, I eventually got ahold of it within two of my fingers and brought it to level with my mouth. I placed it under my tongue to take my temperature when suddenly, I heard a little pop. 

The thermometer had a small hole through the top of it and the thin red liquid began to leak. 
"Oh, shoot! No no no, not my bed!" I struggled as I tried to grab the nearest tissue from beside my bed, and luckily, I grabbed it just in time. 

I placed the now broken thermometer and wrapped it in the tissue. As I placed the tissue in my bin, I took a moment to acknowledge that the thermometer had just popped and broken from my temperature. Was I really that burnt up? I didn't feel sick, I didn't feel anything other than a continuous wave of heat flowing through me and my body was struggling to keep up. 

I eventually hauled myself out of bed and stood up, grabbing the nearest set of clothes and preparing to head to the shower, hoping it would cool me off. As I bent down to pick up my jeans that must've fallen, I levelled with my bed cover, only to see when picking it up to replace it, that there was a hole. And not just any hole.

The Hole had been burnt into the cover. 

Staring in shock, I heard my mum call out to me as she was preparing to head off for work, and with great panic, I tossed the cover aside and fumbled around in my bin to make sure the thermometer was well and truly hidden. 

"Paige, love, I'm off to work" I heard my mums voice echo from just behind my door, and with a knock, followed her entering my bedroom. I turned and put my best smile on to say goodbye to her. She approached me and wrapped her arms around me in an embracing hug, I hoped as hard as I could that she wouldn't comment on the heat coming off of me, but being a mother, she knew when something was... off. 

"Paige, you're burning! Are you sick? Do you feel okay?" she asked, worry filling her voice as she put the back of her hand against my forehead. 

"I feel fine, mum, I promise." I smiled in return as she studied me carefully. It was true, I felt absolutely fine, but clearly my body was saying otherwise. After an inspection my mum eventually left for work and It was shower time for me. As I entered the bathroom, I turned the shower on, the cold tap on full blast, no heat included whatsoever. I begin to remove my sweat-soaked pyjamas and I take my jewellery out. As I lean over the sink and look in the mirror, I study my face carefully. There was no redness or any sign of any kind of illness. Feeling happy that there was no physical evidence of anything highly concerning, I lean back and prepare to take my shower, that was until....

I noticed my arms. 
Where my veins showed, there was a golden glow taking over their appearance,
and it was flowing into my hands...