Part Nineteen: A Different Perspective (Ron & Harry x Hermione)

-Harry's POV-
Ron and I had woken up early to prepare for breakfast in the grand hall, apparently Dumbledore makes a short speech at breakfast and at dinner, a longer one. We grabbed our robes, and prepared to head for the hall.

Making our way there, we were unexpectedly accompanied by Hermione, who was running along with her books in her hand to catch up to us, neither of us had realised we'd been walking so fast, although, there WAS  food waiting. 

"Good Morning Boys" Hermione beamed and met our walking pace.

Her brown wavy hair was bouncing against her shoulders and she looked extra happy, personally, It was too early for both me and Ron, so we both looked miserable and half-asleep. The first night at new places is never usually the best, anyway. 

"Morning." Ron yawned and smiled back. 

"Morning Hermione" I replied. 

She was looking over the cover of her books that were practically squashed in her arms, good thing that the one she was squeezing closest to her, was a hard-back copy, this guarded the paper-back books. 

"I am so excited for our classes, I can't believe that we're actually at Hogwarts!" she squealed. 

Ron gave me the look he had previously given me on the train here and turned back to her with an obvious fake smile forced onto his lips. I laughed at how excited she was, and in all honesty, I was too. 

We had made it to the entrance of the grand hall, and looking in, a few students were already here and some were leaving, creating more room and options for us to sit down. Hermione and Ron were actually having a discussion now, and curiously, I looked around to take in my surroundings. That was when I heard a group of girl voices starting to form halfway down the corridor leading towards the hall. 

Listening to the group of voices, I recognised some of them from last nights sorting ceremony. Eventually, the group came into a clearer view and upon studying them, I could make out at least 10 of them in that one group. One of the girls had looked over my way as she looked around, we made a friendly eye contact and I decided to wave hello. 

The girl waved back at me and smiled, before turning back to her group of girls and joining in the conversation that was being held. It came to my attention that as they got closer and closer, the girl I had waved at had long, light brown hair and blue eyes, she was also wearing a Slytherin robe. Although my experience with one Slytherin member wasn't exactly the most ideal introduction, I had a feeling that I could grow to be friends with this girl. Perhaps all of them. 

Stepping out of the way, I allowed the girls through the doors and nodded once more at the girl I had waved at, she nodded and smiled back before saying

"Thank you." as she walked past and through the doors. 

-Ron's POV-
I noticed Harry had moved out of the way, and looking up, I could see why. 

There was a group of about 10 girls walking through the entrance of the hall. The group was mixed in terms of Houses, I think I counted about 3 Slytherins, 4 Hufflepuffs, 2 Gryffindors and one Ravenclaw. 

Both me and Harry watched as the girls walked past us, all in mid conversation, I heard Hermione huff. Me and Harry both looked at each other, and then at her. She was watching the group continue and split off to their house tables. 

"I can understand a friendship group of four, but ten? Isn't that just a little bit too big, don't you think?" Hermione asked, turning back to us. 

"I don't know, they seem pretty nice" Harry shrugged. "They'd make good alliances." 

"It's a little strange to see a group so mixed in houses like that" Hermione pointed out. "Don't you think that the Slytherin and Gryffindor girls would conflict?" 

"I remember seeing two of them at the train station back in London, actually. Before we got on the train" I mentioned, "Don't you, Harry?" I asked, looking over at Harry who was just listening in. 

"Oh, yes. I do remember that now" He responded after having a quick think about it. 

"Bloody awkward that was" I felt myself blush slightly. "Both me and Harry had made eye contact with the two of them, i'd never felt so shy." 

Hermione laughed at me and I looked over at Harry in reaction, he shrugged it off and we both waited until she was done laughing, it felt like we'd be here for a few minutes more and now, my stomach was starting to throw a fit in hunger. 

"Right, let's get some breakfast, shall we?" Harry nodded towards the hall, and I couldn't agree more.