Part Eight: Happy New Year!

(Lisa's POV)

As I sat in the passenger seat, I watched the world go by as we drove along the motorway. Me and Lupin decided to leave earlier to head towards one of the biggest events at the end of the year, the New Years Day Festival and Fireworks display. It was easier leaving earlier because you didn't have to worry so much about the rush of the cars and other vehicles, let alone the traffic jams along the way. This way, we could avoid anything like that. 

I felt Lupins hand rest on my thigh gently, and smiling to myself, I looked down at it. Looking out of the windscreen, I could see small patches of grass in between layers of snow, signalling that it had began to melt. Glancing up at the sky, I noticed the grey clouds that were mixed with other colours such as orange and pink, which, were usually the indications that there could possibly be more snow waiting for its chance to fall. 

"Do you think it'll snow again, love?" I asked Lupin, turning to look at him and watching him concentrate on the road ahead. 

He leaned slightly forward and looked up and over the driving wheel, towards the sky. He hummed for a second and looked all around, before leaning back against the seat and straightening his back. 

"It does appear that there could be more to come, doesn't it sweetheart?" He replied, glancing over at me, a charming smile on his face. 

I found myself twirling the piece of jewellery wrapped around my finger as I stared at him in complete admiration and I took this time to really study him closely. Not that I didn't on the daily anyway but, he was always so beautiful looking, no matter what he was doing and when. I felt his hand lightly squeeze my thigh as he removed it to change gear, but just as quickly, he placed it back down on top of my thigh once more. Looking down at my hands, I gently lifted my left hand to the sky and admired the small silver ring with two hearts resting on top of each other and felt my smile widen. 

My right hand was suddenly scooped up in his left one, and a kiss was placed on the back of my knuckles, before he pressed it against his face and leant into it as he drove. As he lowered my hand back down, he kissed my knuckles once more and my right hand was suddenly on the gear stick under his own left one. 

"I promise you that will be an engagement ring one day" He gently spoke towards me and I felt my heart flutter in my chest. 

"And when that day comes, I won't hesitate to say yes" I replied back and gently leaned over and in to him, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. 

Only for him to quickly turn his head and both of our lips met. I pulled away gently as I smiled at him once more, before playfully turning his head towards the road again and I lowered myself back in the passenger seat once more. 

"Now, focus on the road you" I chuckled, before pulling his left hand up quickly and placing a kiss on his knuckles this time. 

"We don't want to be late" I finished my sentence with a small, playful smirk. 

"At this rate, we'll be too early my dear" He replied with a chuckle, too. 

"Just drive, silly" I said, squeezing his hand gently.

And carefully, he put his foot down with a little more pressure and I felt a small bit of speed pick up. 

~~~~~     ~~~~~     ~~~~~

Lupin parked the car up as straight as he could, and unbuckling my seatbelt, I reached back behind us and pulled both our coats from the back seats. I heaved as I pulled myself back and sat myself back down in the passenger seat. Carefully, I handed Lupins coat to him, only for him to shake his head and smirk. 

"Werewolves don't get cold" He chuckled, and I realised that I had forgot that he was one of them. 

"Right!" I quickly replied, and placed his coat back down into the back seat. 

If i'm being honest, I completely forgot that he was a werewolf, and it's probably because over the last year we had both been working together to help him control his change, it was a lot of work, but it was worth the time and effort put into it. He had got really good at controlling his change, it's ever rarely he looses control on a full moon night now. As if he heard my thoughts, I caught him look over at me and laugh. 

'Don't worry, I forgot I was a werewolf for a hot minute myself" He chuckled, before stepping out of the car and walking around to open my door. 

"My Lady" He said, holding the door open and holding a hand out for me to take. 

Raising an eyebrow at him, I smirked, took his hand and used his strength and my strength combined to pull myself out of the comfortable car seat. Stepping out into the now night time, I instantly felt the cold ripple through my clothes and I quickly decided to try and put my coat on, I heard the car door shut and the car lock behind me. Before my struggle to get my coat on quickly became a near-to-nothing  struggle at all, Lupin wrapped the coat around me as I slid my arms into it.