PART TWENTY: Preparation For Tomorrow's Game And A New Discovery

(Lisa x Abbie)

-Lisa's POV-

Fixing up my Quidditch gear, I felt the nerves starting to kick in already, even though the game wasn't until tomorrow. Thinking about my team, most of us had enough practice, but there were other members of the team who were REALLY slacking, one of them being our seeker. The seeker was the one person that should be here, but has missed a couple of practises now, and honestly, it was getting ridiculous. 

I heard the thick material of the Hufflepuff tent open, and in walked Abbie in her Quidditch gear, too. Abbie was a chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and a brilliant one at that. I nodded at her gently and greeted her, she did the same back. 

"Ready for our final practise before tomorrow? The fields clear, it's just us two" Abbie smiled. 

"More than ready" I smirked, and grabbed my broom from the broom stand. 

Both me and Abbie made our way to the field, and as we cocked our legs over our brooms and readied ourselves, we wished each other good luck, and proceeded into the air. I made my way over to my correct goals and waited, whereas Abbie adjusted the ball comfortably in her hand, and prepared herself to take shots at my goals. 

The first shot she took was thrown at one of the lower down hoops, I instantly flew for the hoop and just as we both thought the ball was going to make it in, I managed to flick the bristled end of my broomstick, and the ball bounced off of it, and headed straight back Abbie's way. At first, it startled her at just how quickly the ball was coming towards her, but her game head kicked in and she caught it instantly. I cheered for her.

"Good Job! Good Quick Reflex, too!" I shouted out and Abbie smirked. 

"Keep that up, and you'll be on your best game" I shouted once more, Abbie nodded. 

Again, I flew around the hoops and prepared myself for another one of Abbie's attempt. Watching closely, I studied her every move and watched her broomsticks directions. I squinted my eyes, and noticed that the ball was heading straight for the other goal, that was the second lower down goal. I flew for it instantly and this time, I caught the ball. I saw Abbie snap her fingers in reaction and shake her head. 

Putting all my might into it, I threw the ball, and before I realised that Abbie hadn't been paying attention, the ball caught her off guard and she went tumbling down to the ground. In panic, I flew straight over towards her and managed to catch her in one of my arms just before she hit the ground. 

Once I was at floor level, I jumped off my broom and laid her down on the grass. 

-Abbie's POV-

I felt my wrist throbbing where the ball had hit me off guard, and instantly, when I tried to move it, pain flooded through my wrist and into my forearm, I hissed in pain and grabbed at it with my healthier hand. 

"Oh my gosh, Abbie, I'm so sorry" Lisa apologised, panicking. 

"No, it's okay, its my fault for not being on my highest alert" I said, gripping my wrist tighter and wincing from the pain. 

"I-Is it broken? Can you move it?" Lisa asked panicked, looking at my now swelling wrist. 

"It's not broken, because I can move it, but not that well and it doesn't feel comfortable when I try" I replied, looking down at it. 

"Can I look? Just so we know what we're dealing here with when we go to the Nurse" I asked, waiting for her permission. 

"I think it's just a sprain but, sure" I said, lowering it onto my stomach as gently as I could. 

Lisa picked my wrist up and held it in her hands whilst she observed it, it was beginning to bruise when I took another glance at it, but nevertheless, it was still so painful. Lisa had been looking at it for about a minute now before she finally said something. 

"Yeah I agree, it's not broken, but its definitely a sprain. I'm sorry" Lisa apologised again, looking at me and holding my hand in hers still. 

Out of nowhere, I began to feel a warm and tingling sensation begin to spread through my wrist and into my forearm, I looked at Lisa and realised that she had suddenly got really quiet, she was now staring at me, with what looked like glassed over eyes. I decided to say her name. 

"Lisa?" I asked, waiting for a response, but I got nothing. 

"Lisa!" I called and yet, still nothing seemed to wake her from the trance she was in. 

The warm and tingling sensation got hotter and now it felt like a form of heating that was way too high, I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, only to realise that the pain had began fading away, and when I realised that, my eyes flew open again. 

"Lisa, what're you doing?" I asked, starting to feel a little funny. 

"Lisa!" I called out loudly, and suddenly she snapped back to reality. 

"Huh? What's wrong?" She asked, looking down at me once again and looking worried. 

Pulling my wrist away from her hands, I pumped my hand a couple of times, and realised that there was no pain or strain of any sort, and I could move my fingers and wrist without any struggle. I sat up straight and stared at my once swollen wrist with a purple bruise forming, that was now, back to normal once more. 

"Oh, your wrist!" Lisa gasped

"We need to get you to the hospital wing right away before it gets bad" Lisa said, standing up quickly

"I don't think there's any need for a visit to the Hospital Wing" I said to her in shock, and she just looked at me. 

"Now, don't be silly, of course there is, that things going to swell up if we don't hurry!" Lisa said, putting her arm out for me to grab. 

To prove a point to her, I took her outstretched hand with my once sprained hand, and hauled myself to my feet. Lisa stared at me in shock. 

"That must've killed doing that! You should've given me your other hand" Lisa commented. 

"No Lisa, don't you see?" I asked, and started to pump my hand again. 

"It's perfectly fine!" I announced, showing her. 

She looked at me in disbelief and that was when I knew I had to do something to prove to her that she has something that maybe she didn't know about. 

"Look at this" I said, and pointed at a broken, jagged edge of one of the seating areas. 

"Oh, it's broken." Lisa said, approaching it. 

"We should probably tell Dumbledore about that" Lisa suggested and I shook my head. 

"No, watch" I said and suddenly, I stretched my hand out and purposely sliced my palm, and it went successfully, blood started to pool from the slit. 

"ABBIE! OH MY GOSH!" Lisa shouted as she ran to me and took my hand to look. 

"What're you doing?!" She questioned and shot a look of worry at me. 

"No, Lisa, Just watch the cut, trust me." I said, pointing at it with my other hand. 

Lisa watched the cut and suddenly, she zoned out into a trance once more. This time, I laid my eyes on the open wound and watched as the skin began to pull itself back together, the same sensations from earlier forming as it did so. The trail of blood reversed back into the slit just as it was about to fully close up and as it did, the slit and blood vanished before my eyes and Lisa was once more, back to reality. 

"It- It's gone" Lisa said, disbelief filling her voice as she looked up at me. 

"Lisa" I began, and she looked at me intensely as I continued to speak. 

Looking right back at her and keeping great eye contact, I told her what she may have or haven't figured out yet. 

"Lisa, I think you're a healer"