₀₅

SEASON ONE,

EPISODE FIVE.

WORD COUNT : [ 1823 ]

════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ════

WITH Rachel out of the club but still with enough members, the New Directions were getting ready for the Invitationals that week.

Now they were rehearsing 'Don't stop believing" by Journey, with Finn and Quinn in the lead, but as they spinned around each other, the blonde suddenly stopped with her hand in her mouth and then ran out of the choir room. Everyone watched her with concerned.

"Quinn you okay?" Will tried to asked her, but she was already gone.

"I think she just had a bad burrito." Finn said in an attempt to convince his teammates.

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt asked.

"Your sexuality?" Santana sarcastically replied, earning a smack on both shoulders from Amy and Teo, to which she just rolled her eyes.

"Rachel. We can't do it without her." Kurt continued, deciding to ignore the comment.

"That's not true. We may have to layer Amelia or Mercedes over Quinn's solo, but...we'll be fine." Mr. Schuester tried to convince the kids, but he was also trying to convince himself.

"Maybe for the invitationals, but not for sectionals and certainly not the regionals." Artie said, with no hope in their future.

"The wheelchair kid's right. That Rachel chick makes me wanna light myself on fire, but she can sing." Puck agreed with Artie like almost everyone else in that room. On the other hand, the latinas were tired of how dramatic everyone was being about not having the annoying girl in the club.

"Rachel left, guys. She's gone. Now, if we're gonna make this thing work, we can't look back. Take five, guys." Will dismissed them.

Amelia turns around to talk with Mike and Matt. Since they joined the club she started to interact with them, and realized that they were actually funny and that they had a few things in common. Now the three of them were talking about what kind of dance routines they would like to do with the group, and soon they were joined by Brittany and Mateo.

•••••

ANOTHER day had begum and, at glee club time, the teenagers were confused, wondering who the petite blonde next to Mr. Schuester was.

"Guys, I'd like to introduce you to someone very special. This is April Rhodes. She's our newest member." The teacher introduced her, confusing them even more.