₀₆

SEASON ONE,

EPISODE SIX.

WORD COUNT : [ 3193 ]

════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ════

════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ════

IT WAS time for the glee club meeting and, as per usual, their director wasn't there yet. Trying to kill the time, the teens were around the room dancing or playing some instruments. Amelia was dancing with Brittany on one side of the room, away from Rachel's attempts of direct the choreography. When she twirled the girl, at the same time Mr. Schuester entered the room and both of them collide. Once he put the cheerleader aside, he looked at the others with a grin on his face.

"Great news, guys. Just got the competition bracket for sectionals, and we are in really good shape. There's only two other teams. We beat them, we make it to regionals."

"Uh, who are the others teams?" Rachel asked impatiently.

"Drum roll Finn."

The boy did as he was told, while Mr. Schue opened the paper in his hands and the students waited expectantly their opponents names, "School for the deaf in Dayton, and some Jane Addams Academy."

"Jane Addams? That's a halfway house for girls just getting out of juvie." Mercedes laughed. A lot of them felt relieved at that moment, thinking how easy will be to win.

"Th-th-this is great!" Tina said excited.

"People who can't hear what they're singing and criminals who don't care. It's gonna be a cakewalk. High fi..." Artie agreed with his girlfriend and turned to Brittany to high-five her, but she was giving one to Santana instead. Amelia laughed at that, but ended up giving him the high-five.

•••••

KNOWING who the competition was, the New Directions stopped putting effort and Mr. Schuester notice it. So, after some days of laziness, he decided to make them take it seriously again, and he already had a plan. The glee members were in the choir room standing front of the white board as the teacher pinned six pictures in it.

"Competition. Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better." He started the lesson.

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool." Kurt said, looking very confused about those pictures.