Twenty-two

Warning: Violence and Inappropriate words.

I'm sitting in front of my balcony window, looking nowhere when Dad enter my room. I gave him a quick glance before looking away again.

"Can I seat beside you?" His voice was gentle, estimating my reaction. Well, I broke their favorite vase a while ago.

Hindi ako sumagot. Bumuntong hininga si Daddy at umupo sa upuan kaharap ko.

"We are so sorry."

I glance again at him and saw the sadness on my fathers eyes.

"Why did you not tell me?" My voice almost a whisper still mad about making this a secret and scared for the memories that I remembered.

"You are in deep trauma, sweetheart. Ikaw na mismo ang lumimot sa mga nangyari sa'yo. We're scared for you."

"What happened that night, Dad?" I ask. I remember some but not fully complete. I was scared because it was sudden that incident flashes through my mind but I was not scared to know the truth.

Dad sighed again and moved his chair towards me. He touched my face and gave me a sad smile.

"You're seven when it happened. You really want to go to this place, I don't know where you find that but you keep on insisting to go to that place because you said that it was beautiful."

"Lilacs." I whispered again, remembering the beautiful garden that full of Lilacs.

Dad smiled. "Ryke was really fond of you as always that's why he accompany you every time you want to go there. It was okay, you went there a couple of times and you go back home after..." He stop speaking and looks at me like he was having a hard time to continue but he just cleared his throat and held my hand. " But one day you didn't come back."

I hugged my knees using my other arm while my hand tighten on Dad's hold.

"We waited until it was late but you didn't come back with Ryke. We search for you every where. Sa lahat ng lugar, anak pero wala kayo..."

Sumakit ang puso ko ng yumuko si Daddy, I heard his sobs. My eyes started to water. Huminga siya ng malalim bago tumingin ulit sa akin.

"You we're gone for almost a month."

Napahawak ako sa bibig ko para pigilan ang paghikbi ng sabihin ni Daddy 'yon.

We we're gone for almost a month?!

"H-how did you find us?" I ask. Pinunasan ko ang luha sa pisngi ko.

"Someone saw the guy that kidnapped you. Nagbigay ng lead then we finally saw the two of you. You we're locked up in a basement somewhere in Laguna." I can feel Dad's emotions through his voice. "We thought you two are dead. The man stabbed Ryke with the knife and you...you're unconscious when we found you."

I was crying very hard now. I can't breath hearing those words with Dad. I remember some scenarios again. The man who kidnapped us locked me up inside a room and he sometimes gave Ryke's punches and kicks on his body. I remember also the time when he gave me the knife and force me to stab Ryke but I know that I didn't do it. I couldn't do it.

I cried harder because of that. We go through so much, I pitied us. Bakit sa amin nangyari 'to? Kung hindi ko pinilit na magpunta sa lugar na 'yon that tragedy wouldn't happened to us! I felt the guilt rushing to me.