16

Serenity felt like crap as she sat in her bed. She wanted her husband. She wanted her girls. She hated how she was stuck in a bed and unable to do anything. She kept messing with her IV, pissing off the nurses who had to go in and fix it. There was a part of her that enjoyed the fact it bugged them.

She sat in her bed, waiting to see the doctor. Her hands were rubbing her belly when Josh walked in with the girls. Everyone looked happy, Josh had a smile on his face while the girls were all chattering about their day at school. It made Serenity wonder when Taelin said daddy had no idea how to make their lunch.

"Daddy isn't use to taking care of you three all the time. You have to give him a break. That's why when I get home you have to help daddy because mommy has to rest." She explained, feeling a little more tired then she had been.
"We miss you. When can you come home?" Kaelin asked, worried.

"In a few more days. The doctors have to make sure I'm ok and make sure that the babies are ok." She sighed as she hugged her daughter.
"We want you home. We don't like how daddy cooks." Taelin giggled.

It was 2 weeks before Serenity was released. Much to everyone's joy, she was allowed to go home one day while the girls were in school. She wanted to have snacks and juice waiting for the girls when they got home. She was tired, that was to be expected. She wanted to hold her girls and have them know they were loved. There was nothing else in the world that would mean more then the girls knowing how much she loved them. They were growing up fast and they would feel left out once the babies arrived. She laid down on the couch, the dogs near her. They wanted to be near her. Wanted to make sure she wasn't leaving again.

Luna Barton sighed as she sat in her apartment. She was once again alone. She wanted a life with someone. She wanted what her sister had. What her brother had. What her parents had. She wanted to be married with kids. She wanted a life of joy and happiness. She was tired of being alone and having short meaningless flings with men. She wanted to be happy. She had a slight glimpse of that when she dated a man named Nathan. It ended rather quickly. Now Luna was left alone, wondering if things would ever get better.

Josh laughed as he tossed Kaelin in the air. She giggled as she flew up. Everyone was happy that Serenity was home. The girls were happier and were listening better to Loren. It was a strange realization that the girls needed her around to behave. It concerned her to know they had no respect for their father. This was something she had to change. There was only one way to do that. Josh had to take over the cooking and discipline of the girls. It was time for a change. Since she was pregnant, she needed to rest. She would rely on Josh and Loren to care for the kids. It was also fall on her parents, siblings and Josh's family to help.

Serenity had been placed on bed rest for a few weeks, just to make sure she was ok and that the babies would be ok. There was a slight worry with baby number two so they had to keep watch.

"How you feeling?" Luna asked, standing against the door frame.
"Tired, sore and bored." Serenity laughed
"How are the babies?" She asked, she was concerned for her sister and babies.
"Baby one is great. Strong and healthy. Baby two is a little smaller. Not getting nutrients." Serenity explained while running a hand over her ever growing belly.
"It's funny you keep having multiples." Luna smiled.
"I guess it runs in the family. I thought maybe this would just be one baby, but I have two babies." She smirked as she moved to get comfortable.
"I wish I had your luck. Married with kids." She chuckled, picking at her nails.
"It's not easy. I got really lucky with Josh. He is an amazing man, husband and father." Serenity smiled sweetly.
"I'm trying to find someone like Josh. Someone who might want to be married to me." Luna sighed as she sat on the bed next to her sister.

"I think Danielle might have a guy you'd like. He's a great guy and he's looking for someone." Serenity smiled.
"Really? You'd help find me a date?" Luna was shocked that her sister was being so nice.
"Luna I want you to be happy. I've always wanted that. There is nothing in this world that would make me happier. I was going to throw a small dinner party, I'll ask Danielle to bring her friend. I'm having mom, dad, Eric, Josh's parents and sisters. Just a small thing. Loren has the night off, so I thought a nice formal dinner. The girls will be with Mike and Megan. It'll be fun. The girls love to play with Tristan. You can borrow one of my dresses. Shoes too." Serenity offered as she pointed to the closet.
"Really?" She looked so happy that Serenity smiled. "Any dress?"
"Help me up. I have a few dresses I can't wear right now. I think one of the animal print dresses would be nice or something in a blue." She laughed as Luna tried to help her off the bed.

They walked over to the large walk-in-closet and Serenity pulled out a black garment bag that said Akris Punto on the front. She unzipped it and showed Luna a blue sleeveless dress.

"That is pretty. Where'd you get it?" Luna fingered the soft fabric and smiled.
"I got this from saks I think. This is a jersey dress made by Akris Punto. It's a sleeveless flounced dress." She smiled.
"Do you have anything in green?" Luna didn't want to seem ungrateful but she liked the color green.
"Yea um I have a Diane Von Furstenburg dress and an Alice + Olivia dress. Both are green." Serenity pulled them both out and smiled.
"Ooh! I love that one!!" Luna pointed to the emerald green Diane Von Furtenburg Christa Denim wrap dress.
"You can keep it. I think I wore it once. I have some shoes I got to go with it. Um....these!" She smiled as she pulled out a pair of nude scalloped suede and crystal pumps.
"Wow....you have fun shopping. This are amazing." Luna laughed as she held the shoes. "What are you wearing?"
"I have a few maternity dresses. I might wear my turqoise cowl neck jersey dress or my American Cashmere sweater dress." She smiled as she looked for her tan suede knee high boots.
"I like the sweater dress with the boots." Luna smiled as she touched the cashmere dress.
"I love the fact it's soft and it's lilac purple." Serenity smiled.
"What day is the party?" She asked as she zipped the garment bag up.
"Tonight." She laughed as she looked through her jewelry and pulled out her diamond encrusted key and put it on a long chain. She then grabbed her diamond earrings and planned how she would do her hair.
"I still don't understand why you want to help me find a man." Luna laughed as she looked at her sister's make up collection.
"I want you to be happy. I want you to have the same joy I do. Maybe Dani's friend will workout maybe he won't. You won't know until you try. I'm gonna take a quick shower. You can get in after me." Serenity slowly walked to the rest room and took her shower.

Around 6 pm everyone started to show up. Josh was making sure dinner was on track while making sure that Serenity was ok. She looked a little pale and under the weather.

"Baby are you sure you're ok? You look a little pale.. Did you get enough rest?" Josh walked over to her and hugged her as she sat on the couch.
"I'm ok. I haven't done anything bad. I helped Luna pick out a dress and took a shower. That was it." She loved how caring Josh was, it got annoying though. She wouldn't change it for anything.
"As long as you're sure everything is ok." He kissed her deeply then headed back to the kitchen.

Serenity was sitting at the dinner table with her friends and family, waiting to see what had been going on with everyone. She was excited to tell everyone about the babies and how she had thought about names and how the nursey was already planned out.

"Hey Ren!!" She heard Danielle call out to her and she smiled.
"In here!! Josh put me at the table." She laughed as she waited for her friend.
"Woo look at you! Momma to be! You look amazing!" Danielle was happy her friend was back home. Safe and with her family.
"I kind of feel like a blimp." Serenity laughed as Josh walked in with the girls.
"Go sit down. Everyone is here and I'm going to serve dinner." Josh smiled as he stopped to kiss his wife.

Serenity was having fun, watching everyone interact. Luna was talking with Danielle's friend and they seemed to hit it off. It was good to know that everyone had someone to be happy with. Serenity ran her hand over her stomach and smiled. She was also happy there was nothing that would derail her pregnacy or her life. Everything was fineally going good.