⁰¹the dream team

chapter one!
「 one week before 

you need to realign your loyalties, woman 

   •°. ·     • ·          ☆·  
     ·✦.☆ ★    .  °°   ✷* ••  
  °     ✵    ·   ·       .*   
     · .  •     ✵ ✧•°✸°° ☆• *°
 ☆.°· . •      .✵°·· ✸° ✯•    
  •          *°•   *    ° ✦   
•. ✦.       *°  ☆*       ** ✸ 
    .* ✷*  °     •   °°* •    
        •   ☆ .  .·•* . ✸     
 ·        ✶    •    ✵*     * 

THE MESS HALL WAS THE BEST AND WORST PLACE TO BE—the food was great and the whole experience of eating was great, but it was as chaotic as ... well, a mess hall.

Alaska closed her eyes and took deep breaths, trying to tune everything out when someone poked her arm.

"Stop it, Connor," she said, inhaling the strong scent of peppermint coming from one-half of the Stoll brothers.

"How'd you know it was me?" he asked.

"One of you smells like crayons and the other one doesn't," she answered vaguely.

When the two found out Alaska could distinguish them by smell, they doused themselves in the strongest smells possible for a week to try and throw her off. She didn't care that much because she could still smell who was who, plus Clarisse threw them into the lake to wash off the smells whenever they got near her.

Connor and Travis snickered and there was a smacking sound and an "ow" coming from the other Stoll brother. Alaska wasn't sure who hit them, but she was grateful for whoever it was.

She focused a little longer before the overwhelming onslaught of different smells seemed to dissipate and all that was left was the aroma coming from the food sacrificed to the gods.

When she opened her eyes, the colors radiating off everyone seemed dimmer.

"All done, Sunshine?" Luke asked, and Alaska nodded with a small smile.

The Stoll brothers laughed again and Luke rolled his eyes.

"All done, Sunshine?" Connor mocked, making the two Stolls laugh even harder.

"Do you want to clean our cabin for inspection?" Luke asked.

The two quickly shut up and Alaska laughed and looked down at her plate to find that her bread roll had been stolen. She sighed and looked up to find Luke sitting one seat over directly across from her pointing to Travis.

He was sitting directly across from her and he smiled as he munched on the bread roll she was assuming was hers. They had attempted to seat Connor and Travis as far away from each other as possible, but they had somehow weaseled their way closer.

"We're children of Hermes," Connor said. "What'd you expect from us?"

"Fine, then maybe I should disassociate myself from you children of Hermes now," she said. Alaska dramatically turned to face Ethan—who was sitting on her right—and her hair probably hit Connor in the face. Oops.

"Hey," Luke said defensively. "That's not a "children of Hermes" thing, that's a Stoll thing."

"Are you sure about that? You stole my shoes the other day and now they're at the bottom of the lake," Ethan said.