¹³those who vandalize together, stay together

chapter thirteen!
one and two-thirds months before

❝ even if you become old and wrinkly, I'll still be there by your side 

  •°. ·     • ·          ☆·  
     ·✦.☆ ★    .  °°   ✷* ••  
  °     ✵    ·   ·       .*   
     · .  •     ✵ ✧•°✸°° ☆• *°
 ☆.°· . •      .✵°·· ✸° ✯•    
  •          *°•   *    ° ✦   
•. ✦.       *°  ☆*       ** ✸ 
    .* ✷*  °     •   °°* •    
        •   ☆ .  .·•* . ✸     
 ·        ✶    •    ✵*     * 

AFTER THE EXCITEMENT FINALLY DIED DOWN from the successful quest, Alaska found time to talk with Annabeth alone. She, of course, congratulated Annabeth on her efforts and wit, knowing she was boosting Annabeth's ego, but she deserved it.

"So, anything new about the prophecy?" Annabeth asked, quieting a little.

Alaska chuckled. "You were just on a quest, I think you can take a break before going on another one."

"Did you figure out any new lines?"

She hesitated; she had a good idea about what the second cluster of lines was about, but she wasn't sure if she should share that with a twelve-year-old. After the threat from "Luke", she didn't tell anyone, fearing they would be in danger if they knew.

"Not really; it's all so vague," Alaska lied. "I finally told Chiron, but he doesn't think it's a quest either."

"Oh, okay," she said, a little disappointed. "I guess we'll just see what happens then."

"Hey, cheer up. You just went on a successful quest!"

Annabeth sighed and nodded. "That's true, but it would be cool to figure out what this whole prophecy was about. It said that you would die and come back to life; what else is gonna happen?"

Alaska didn't know how to answer that so she found it sort of relieving when a figure popped out from behind a tree near them.

"What're you guys talking about?" Percy asked, walking over to the rocks they were sitting on.

Annabeth and Alaska shared a semi-panicked expression. What if he had heard? And if he hadn't, they didn't want to reveal its secrecy with their facial expressions.

"It's rude to eavesdrop, seaweed brain," Annabeth said with a heavy sigh, sounding almost disappointed in him.

Percy rolled his eyes slightly and clicked his tongue. "Whatever, wise girl."

Alaska shook her head with a small smile at their childish nicknames; it was cute.

"Are you guys going to remain civil if I leave you two alone?" Alaska asked.

"Scout's honor," Percy said with a nod.

"Can't make any promises," Annabeth said at the same time.

Alaska laughed and looked at her, raising her eyebrows.

"Fine," Annabeth said with a dramatic sigh.

With a small wave to the two, she left and walked back to the Hermes cabin where she found Luke sitting on the floor leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. She wasn't sure if he was asleep or not, so she decided to leave him alone.