⁰⁶buzzed monster fighting is drunk monster fighting

chapter six!
five minutes before

❝ would you like to watch your memorial service? 

  •°. ·     • ·          ☆·  
     ·✦.☆ ★    .  °°   ✷* ••  
  °     ✵    ·   ·       .*   
     · .  •     ✵ ✧•°✸°° ☆• *°
 ☆.°· . •      .✵°·· ✸° ✯•    
  •          *°•   *    ° ✦   
•. ✦.       *°  ☆*       ** ✸ 
    .* ✷*  °     •   °°* •    
        •   ☆ .  .·•* . ✸     
 ·        ✶    •    ✵*     * 

"YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE," Luke sang as the two made their way back to camp.

They had flown most of the way, but decided to walk the last stretch mostly to sober up but also because Luke accidentally swallowed a fly while they were flying and he didn't want that to happen again.

"You make me happy when skies are gray," Luke sang and Alaska giggled as he twirled her around. "You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

"To being normal teenagers," Alaska said, flowing her hand through Luke's aura and spreading it all around.

"Thanks for letting me go with you," he sighed.

"I wouldn't have gone otherwise," she said. She snapped out of whatever sleepy daze she was in when she heard a distant roaring from behind them. "Did you hear that?"

Luke furrowed his brows. "Hear what?"

"I—I don't know, it was like a roaring sound."

He shook his head and started opening his mouth again to say something when there was the roaring again—this time closer—and his eyes widened.

"Is that a monster?"

"I think so," Alaska whispered, afraid of talking any louder. "Do we hide or make a run for it? Our scent can't be that strong, right?"

When they heard heavy footsteps, the two ducked behind a tree and watched as a bull-man tromped through the forest, getting closer to where they were. The bull-man sniffed heavily, turning in all directions.

The Minotaur, Alaska thought. "Is that—"

"Yup," Luke answered. When the bull-man was looking in the direction opposite them, he pulled her arm and they came out of their hiding spot. "Run."

She didn't need to be told twice as the two took off from their hiding spot and sprinted in the direction of Camp Half-Blood. They could still hear the heavy footsteps of the Minotaur and soon, the footsteps were getting faster and heavier.

The Minotaur, the Minotaur. How do you defeat the Minotaur? she thought.

If she were in safety, she would know exactly what to do, but for some reason, her mind was blank and the only thing she could think of was moving her legs. 

They started going up the hill and they could see Thalia's tree from a distance. Alaska's limbs felt heavy and achy and she was scared her running was slowing down.

Just to camp. Not too far, you're almost there, she thought, focusing on running and getting to camp. Left, right, left, right, left, left, right, left, right, right, both ... wait that's not right.