¹¹just sword fighting things

chapter eleven!
two months before

❝ I brought you back to life; I can reverse that just as easily 

  •°. ·     • ·          ☆·  
     ·✦.☆ ★    .  °°   ✷* ••  
  °     ✵    ·   ·       .*   
     · .  •     ✵ ✧•°✸°° ☆• *°
 ☆.°· . •      .✵°·· ✸° ✯•    
  •          *°•   *    ° ✦   
•. ✦.       *°  ☆*       ** ✸ 
    .* ✷*  °     •   °°* •    
        •   ☆ .  .·•* . ✸     
 ·        ✶    •    ✵*     * 

AS SOON AS SHE COULD FIND TIME BY HERSELF, Alaska rushed over to the Big House. Mr. D was sitting on the porch, grumpily drinking his soft drink like always, and flipping through an old book, looking unbothered and rather disappointed in its contents.

Either he didn't notice the demigod joining him near the entrance of the Big House or he simply didn't care; most likely the latter.

"Is Chiron here, sir?" she asked.

"He's inside," he said apathetically, not looking up.

"Thanks," she said.

Alaska heard him mumbling about the anachronisms present in the book and how terrible authors were nowadays, and she ignored it as she found Chiron tidying some of the ancient Greek texts in the main room of the Big House.

Opposed to Mr. D who barely cared about any of the campers' presences, Chiron turned and warmly smiled at Alaska before she even said anything.

"Alaska. How can I help you?" he asked.

She hesitated, fidgeting with the hemming of her camp shirt, not exactly sure how to admit that she visited the Oracle or how her fellow camper might be evil.

"I don't think Luke's okay," she said bluntly.

"How do you figure?" he asked, furrowing his brows in concern.

"Well, I've been having these dreams and he's in them and they're ... strange; he's not acting like himself and there's this other voice that's not him," she said.

He silently prompted her to continue and she did, explaining the dreams in detail as well as the change in his aura and eye color. Chiron remained silent with a contemplative look when she finished.

"And I think he had something to do with my coming back to life," she continued. "I mean, the voice in the dream certainly made it seem like Luke and whoever that voice was had something to do with it."

"It certainly does make sense," Chiron finally said. "Mr. D did say he noticed some sort of shift in the atmosphere here, but we had just assumed that was a forewarning of Percy and his quest. Is that all?"

"Uh, I may have also gone into the attic and the Oracle of Delphi sort of gave me a prophecy," she said; slowly at first, but blurting the rest out at the end.

"Sort of?"

"I did get a prophecy," she said. "But I didn't mean to!"

He looked at her again with the same contemplative look before rubbing his furrowed eyebrows. "I knew something felt different when I went in there. Well, what was it, child?"