⁰³a twelve-year-old and a witch solve riddles

chapter three!
three days before

alaska! that's you! 

   •°. ·     • ·          ☆·  
     ·✦.☆ ★    .  °°   ✷* ••  
  °     ✵    ·   ·       .*   
     · .  •     ✵ ✧•°✸°° ☆• *°
 ☆.°· . •      .✵°·· ✸° ✯•    
  •          *°•   *    ° ✦   
•. ✦.       *°  ☆*       ** ✸ 
    .* ✷*  °     •   °°* •    
        •   ☆ .  .·•* . ✸     
 ·        ✶    •    ✵*     * 

ALTHOUGH SHE WOULD PROBABLY DENY IT, Alaska was most definitely avoiding Luke. After that weird freaky dream thing that happened after she touched Luke, she was planning on never making contact with his skin ever again.

The bruises were still there—albeit a little lighter—but the memory still haunted her. His aura never went back to the darker navy color that it was when she was sent into unconsciousness.

When they finished picking strawberries and it was free time, Alaska became antsy and rushed to put all her materials away. Once Luke sent them off for free time, she speed-walked from the fields to the big house. It was a long walk and she was desperately hoping no one would stop her and deviate her from her path.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked her, matching her pace.

"I need to talk to Chiron about something," she answered vaguely.

"Is something wrong?" 

She tucked stray strands of hair behind her hair and wiped away the beads of sweat on her forehead that had come from working in the hot sun. "Not with me."

"You're being awfully cryptic," Ethan said, although she could tell that he didn't really expect her to elaborate. If she was being cryptic, then it was her secret that he didn't need to know. "I'll be in the cabin if you want to hang out afterward. It's way too hot to be outside."

She nodded and he walked off in the direction of their cabins. When nearing the big house, she saw that Mr. D was on the porch, but Chiron was nowhere near. She tightened her ponytail as she jogged up the stairs and found Mr. D grumpily drinking his Diet Coke.

It seemed predictable that his aura was the color of red wine, but his personality matched that of wine. It was bitter and recommended to be taken in small doses, but in dire times, they were helpful although it would probably come back to bite you in the ass.

"Hey Mr. D," she said, probably way too cheerful for his liking.

He looked up at her and narrowed his eyes a little, trying to figure out who was talking to him.

"Arkansas," he said, snapping his fingers. "What do you want?"

"Uh, is Chiron around, sir?"

He shrugged and turned his attention back to his drink, looking at the bubbly brown liquid with disdain before taking another gulp of it. "Not sure where he is. He's supposed to meet me for a game of pinochle soon; I suppose you can talk to him then."

She hesitated on whether or not she should blatantly spill on whatever was happening with Luke. Yes, he was a god and he probably knew what was going on, but she wasn't sure if her secrecy and anonymity could be kept by him.