Chapter 23

A month passes by, and we make hardly any progress. Every second, I become more restless. Each night, I lie awake, looking at the stars. Thinking about Minho. Aris. Sonya.

I know I'm not the only one, but everyone seems to have faith in Thomas's plan.

Except me.

"Months?! Months?! We don't have months! Thomas they could be dying right now, we need something right now!"

I can feel my temper flare; my anger rising with each syllable.

I feel my eyes harden and lock on Thomas. He purses his lips and narrows his eyes. "Get out." He hisses.

"What?" Newt whispers from besides me.

"Get OUT! I've had ENOUGH of your bullshit Jess. If you can think of a better plan I'm all ears but until then JUST STOP CRITICISING EVERYTHING WE HAVE."

My jaw ticks.

"WELL AT LEAST I HAVE THE DECENCY TO CARE. At least I can admit that THIS ISN'T WORKING. DON'T YOU GET IT? IF I GET OUT THEN I'M ALREADY ONE STEP AHEAD IF YOU!" I yell- not caring that the whole of the Right Arm can probably hear mine and Thomas' arguing.

And this isn't the first time either.

"THEN GO!" Thomas practically shouts.

I can feel my anger reaching it's boiling point by now. "FINE I WILL."

"No..." Newt is on his feet and in front of me before I can turn towards the exit.

"Newt. Get... of of my... way." I seeth.

I'm not thinking straight. My mind is in jumbles; but all I can think is to get out of there. Find WCKD. And save my friends.

The desperation fills my core with a sense of longing. I gently put my hands on Newt's chest and push him back. He gives me such a look of sadness that I'm almost tempted to change my decision. But there's no going back now.

"I'm sorry." I whisper to Newt who reaches his hands up and laces them in mine. He gives them a single squeeze, before he lets go and steps aside. I nod at him once.

I meet Brendas gaze; and then Frypans; Vince's; Jorge's; Harriet's; Theo's; everyone gathered around the table. I avoid Thomas altogether. Instead, I spin on my feet and walk out of the tent.

My belongings had been packed for days. I knew that I wouldn't last much longer anyway.

Ad then I set my sights forward.

There's hope for you yet Aris. Sonya. Minho...

Gally.

A/N: ending is a bit confusing but I'll clear it up next chapter :) have a good day everyone and don't forget to love Jess because she may be against Thomas now buttttttttt there's more to come so don't give up on her yet.