Epilouge

2 years later

"Gally!" I yell- my voice carrying across the field slightly as he held me in an iron tight headlock. "Alyssia!" I yelp, "help me!"

The Group C girl shakes our head slightly at the scene me and my brother were making. After a year of her dating my brother, you'd think she would help her to-be sister-in-law.

But unfortunately not.

Luckily, Newt arrives at that very point in time. I quickly wriggle out of Gally grip and start sprinting across the fields to get to him.

"Newt!" I shout happily and crash into his arms. He laughs and spins me around with a large smile on his face.

No, we are not officially dating. However, we have kissed a total of four times since the battle against WCKD. I suppose neither of us really wanted anything serious yet. Not until the nightmares went away at least.

It's something everyone at the Safe Haven struggles with: nightmares. No one likes to admit it but it happens.

Mine are all about Theo and The Fielders.

Luckily, I have an anchor for when my thoughts drift dangerously- Newt. When things get really bad, we just stay outside watching the sunrise and talk about the most random things.

Thomas' voice snaps me out of my monologue, "Hey Jess, you coming to the lake?"

I immediately nod.

The lake was located about a mile away from the tents. It is a spot that is very often taken by people like me, Thomas, Newt and Brenda.

So with a piggyback from Newt, me, Newt and Thomas make our way to the rushing water and sandy banks.

"WHOO HOO!" I scream- plunging into the water. Another splash quickly follows mine. I laugh at Newts wet hair.

He smirks and swims up to me. I grin at him- pretending not to notice as he comes closer than needed and puts his hands on my waist.

Silence surrounds us which must mean that Thomas has already ditched us.

"Hi." He whispers with his breath caressing my face.

"Hi." I whisper back slightly breathless. I smile up at him cheekily.

"You alright?" He asks. His chocolate coloured eyes looking directly into mine.

"Me?" I laugh, "I'm great."

And this time I actually mean it.

A/N: ITS FINISHED!! i will be editing very soon (in the next few days) so sorry for the current mistakes. I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER

however i do plan on writing more fanfic in the future so unTil TheN LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR READING💜💜