Chapter-26

Emma's POV

"And then I told her 'No! I cannot have a play date with you. I already have a girlfwend.' " Liam says sitting on the counter, munching on a cinnamon roll. I am kneading the dough to make donuts whilst intently listening to the events that happened in Liam's school over the week. Jon's cast is finally removed and he is back to being normal. Since he can take care of himself now, I moved back to my apartment with Tony and Oreo. Even though Jon didn't say anything about it, I knew he felt bad about me leaving. I don't want to rush with anything now, I just want things to naturally fall in place.

"Really? And who is your girlfriend?" I ask Liam, struggling to knead the dough. I must've pulled a muscle in my forearm when I abruptly lifted a heavy box that was delivered to Sweet Tooth yesterday. And because of that, I can't work properly in the kitchen. Thankfully, today isn't a busy day, so I can take my own sweet time to prepare the confectioneries.

"You." He says taking an other bite of the roll. I stop what I was doing and look at Liam with amusement. I burst into a fit of laughter at what Liam just said.

"But I am way elder to you dummy." I say kissing his cheek, being overwhelmed by his cuteness. I want a baby of my own too. I wonder if Jon likes babies. He doesn't seem to be the type of person who can tolerate kids.

"So what Emma? I like you and you are my girlfriend." He says giving me an adorable smile.

"Ohh baby it doesn't work like that. You should have girlfriends who are of your age, not your mother's age."

"Damn right baby." A deep voice interrupts our mini chitchat. We turn around to see Jon leaning against the wall in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. He comes towards us and gives me a kiss on head while putting his strong arms around my waist from behind.

"You should go for girls of your age, or even if you like older girls, go for someone who is not my Emma." He says glaring at the poor kid. I nudge him with my shoulder, indirectly telling him to leave the child alone. Liam looks at Jon with wide eyes and open mouth, his roll precariously held in his hand. He jumps off the counter and runs towards his mommy.

"You didn't have to scare that poor soul." I say chucking. Jon holds my waist even tighter, hugging me from behind. He kisses me on the cheek before placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Well, no one is allowed to fantasize over my girl other than me. Even if I have to make a 5 year old shit bricks."

"As it is you're intimidating, glaring at Liam will just traumatize him for life." I say as I wince when I feel a sharp pain in my arm.

"What happened?" Jon asks as he takes my hands from the dough and examines them.

"Nothing much I guess I just had a muscle pull when I lifted a heavy box yesterday. So now it's difficult for me to knead the dough."

"I see so many lads working here as waiters, couldn't you tell one of them to lift it for you?" He asks as he cleans the dough off of my hand.

"I didn't want to bother them. Moreover, the box didn't look that heavy." He goes by the sink and washes his hands.

"I'll knead it for you." He says as he pulls me in front of the dough, and stands behind me.

"Just tell me if I'm doing it wrong." He says as he begins the kneading. His long fingers expertly work on the dough, he makes it look so easy and natural. I couldn't help but mentally compare our hands. I can see the  veins run down his forearms and I can feel his biceps with my upper arms, since he is standing right behind, trapping me between the counter and himself. His hot breathe fans over my neck and shoulders. Why do I feel so aroused? My ears and cheeks are getting very hot. I look over my shoulder to see him furrow his eyebrows, completely focusing on what he is doing.