Chapter-29

Jon's POV

Oh for fucks sake. What a small fucking world. I put my plate on the table and wipe my hands with a napkin. I can see confusion written all over Emmy's face. I intentionally didn't tell her about Eliot yesterday because I didn't want to divert her attention. I thought of telling her about it after all this wedding cake fuss, but the universe had better plans apparently.

"Are you here for another lunch date mister?" She asks me with a mischievous smile. This took Emma off guard, her usual smile faded slightly, but she composed herself within seconds and went back to smiling brightly. I swear to God if I have a fight with Emma because of this bitch then I'll lose my shit.

"Uhm no" I say chuckling. I pull Emma to my side by her shirt sleeve and put my arm around her shoulder.

"This is Emma, my girlfriend." I introduce her, kissing her temple.

"And babe, this is Eliot, we were batch mates in college." Emma puts her hand forward, greeting Eliot with her usual polite smile.

"It's nice to meet you Eliot."

"Likewise." Eliot mumbles looking at Emma up and down.

"What are you doing here anyways?" Eliot asks.

"Actually Emma is our Baker for the wedding cake. She owns an amazing confectionary, Sweet Tooth." Jessica says.

"Thank you Jessica." Emma says with a grateful smile.

"What is your relation with the bride?" Emma asks trying to have small talks with Eliot.

"Ohh honey I'm the bride's sister." She says holding her nose up high.

"Ohh you're the eldest daughter of Mr. Davis! It's so good to meet you Eliot. He has talked a lot about you." Emma says getting all excited.

"Ohh thank you dear. I better get going now." She says waving at Emma and nodding at me.

"I guess I'll get going too. Thank you for everything Jessica. I am hoping to see you soon." Emma says, hugging Jessica.

"You too Emma dear. I'll recommend your name for the upcoming wedding events I have to coordinate." Jessica says with a wink. Emma giggles at this and nods at me, indicating that it's time to leave. Well, too bad because I was looking forward to the buffet. However, I take Emma's hand, kissing the back of it hesitantly. I am not sure if Emma is mad at me for not telling her about Eliot. I don't want Emma to be upset because of me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Emma asks glancing out of the window. I put my hand on her inner thigh and gently squeeze it whilst driving to her place.

"I didn't wanna divert your mind. I thought I'll tell you-" I was interrupted by soft snores. I see that Emmy has fallen asleep, her head resting against the window. Well, we did have a sleepless night yesterday and I'm equally exhausted. I drive for an other hour and pull over to her apartment's parking lot.

"Emma, wake up cupcake. We've reached home." I say patting her thigh.

"Mmmm" She rubs the sleep off of her eyes and looks around before her eyes fall on me.

"Aren't you gonna come in? You didn't sleep last night either." She says.

"It's alright. I've got work."

"Just for an hour baby." She says yawning, and leaning on my shoulder. Now how can I ever deny such a sweet offer?

"Okay let's go."

****

"Baby?"

"Mmmm?"

"I'm hungry."