Chapter-30

Emma's POV

"But what can possibly go wrong? We'd worked so hard on that. Everything was perfect." Caty says, taking a sip of her coffee. I feel extremely bad for my staff members. I can't tell them that I had dropped their cake and then remade the entire thing. I am pretty sure that the second cake which I made with Jon wasn't good enough, because of which we got a poor rating. If that incident hadn't happened, then the first cake would've got a rating of 5 stars. Oh lord I can't believe it. This is all because of me. I might've messed up while remaking the cake. I am not upset because we got a low rating, I'm upset because I've let my staff down, even though they don't know what had happened.

"What do you think Emma?" Caty asks me putting her hand over mine.

"I don't know." I mumble taking another bite of my fifth cupcake.

I should really stop stress eating.

"Oh come on! You have nothing to say? How can you just brush this off?"

"What else can I do Caty? It's not like I have it in me to change the rating." I snap. Caty was taken aback but nods her head either way.

"I'm really sorry, I'm just not in my right mind." I say holding her hand. She gives me a polite smile and nods. I feel really really bad.

"There is something I want to tell you." I say looking down at our hands.

"Yeah?"

"The cake we made, I had.........accidentally dropped it while putting it into the freezer." I say closing my eyes and lowering my head.

"I'm so sorry Caty." I apologize as a tear slips down my face.

"Ohh honey come here." She says taking me into a hug. I put my head on her shoulder and wrap my arms around her waist. She strokes my hair, whispering comforting words.

"It's alright, Emmy. I already know." She says. I jerk my head back and look at her with wide eyes.

"Huh?"

"We have a camera here dummy. And I'm the only one who operates it, so your little secret is safe with me." She says, whispering the last part. Of course we had a camera here! I was so stressed all this time that I forgot about the cameras. Caty hardly checks it, why would she check it out at this time?

"But you don't normally......"

"Check the cameras? Yes. I don't. But the cake you delivered to the wedding looked slightly different. So I grew suspicious and checked out the camera." She says with a smile. I gasp at this.

"Does this mean that the others also noticed the slight variation in the new cake?" I ask.

"Nah. They don't have the brains for that." She says laughing.

"That's rude." I mumble.

"It was so sweet of Jon to help you out. Gosh I nearly cried watching you guys bust your asses on that cake. You guys look so cute together." She says wiping her fake tears.

"Right?" I say smiling to myself.

We do look cute together!

****

"See you later Emma!" Caty says as we part ways. Since the business was slow today, we had decided to close the bakery early. I didn't want to bother Jon because he already has a lot of work piling up. So I decided to walk myself home today. But on my way, Caty's words kept playing in my mind.

It was so sweet of Jon to help you out. Gosh I nearly cried watching you guys bust your asses on that cake

I didn't even Thank Jon properly for helping me out. I guess I should surprise him with some delicious dinner. I am sure he'll like it.